The service was excellent at the hotel. Rooms were clean with dependable turndown and maid service.
The food by the pool was good quality and again the service was ver good.
There are two areas for improvement. 1) The fitness center - extremely hot and not very good ventilation. They absolutely need to fix the temperature control. Also, a number of treadmills kept stopping mid-workout. They need to service the equipment to ensure proper operation. Other concern was that little children were running around the center mid-afternoon. No hotel staff was there to remove them from the facility.
2) We decided to go on the Ritz boat for the stingray city trip. The boat is referred to as The Sapphire. We figured we would have more time at the snorkel sights with less people. The woman working on the boat was miserable (talk about someone who hates their job) and they brought us back 40 minutes ahead of schedule. Not good. At Stingray city they were very cheap on using bait so the stingrays went to the other boats. Advice - go with Red Sail and do not go through the hotel. You will pay more. Just walk a few feet down to their hit and you will save.
Overall, we liked the room, service and food. We would still recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands