My wife and I had been to the Cayman Islands two times prior to this trip and we love the place. We got engaged here last year and knew we wanted to return for our Honeymoon. We wanted to go first class for this once in a lifetime trip. The Ritz did not disappoint. Our entire stay was awesome! We went in the middle of November and the resort as a whole was not very busy.
The first thing we noticed about the Ritz is the service. Their entire staff is just outstanding. They knew who we were the whole time and eveyone kept congratulating us. They go over and above at every corner: a towel like cover of the beach chairs, free tastings served around the pool, staff who come by and clean your sunglasses, and on and on. Every single person was great.
The room was very nice although not overly big. It was very clean and they kept everything tidy on a daily basis. We especially liked the turn down service when they put a bucket of ice with bottles of water in your room. Things like that went a long way.
We were upgraded to the Club Lounge, which served food and drinks (alcoholic) all day, complimentary. We were not sure of the cost it would take to upgrade to this level again, but we are sure it would be worth it. The staff in the Club Lounge was awesome. They knew us as newlyweds right away and kept asking us how things were. The food quality and presentation was awesome and they changed it up daily. There were five servings of food (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, appetizers at dinner and finally desserts). We made meals of this for breakfast and lunch everyday and then had pre-dinner snacks in the evening. The drinks available are good and the wine is quality. Again, if you plan to stay here and eat at the resort, it is worth upgrading.
The resort restaurants are good although very expensive (as you would expect at the Ritz). You cannot go wrong with any of them.
The spa is amazing. We had an hour massage each and they were awesome. After our massage, we were taken to a little area with rose petals and champaigne. The place is really cool and the locker rooms are wonderful (steam, sauna and whirlpool). We had access to this area and went down several times.
The pool and beach areas are really nice. The staff was always checking on us. We had a few drinks which were good a couple of times but they are pricy!
If you have not been to the Caymans, you should check out the little town. It is nice, clean and has some decent shopping. We have eaten out on past trips so we stayed close but some decent places all over. Our favorite bar (probably my favorite in the whole world) is My Bar at the Sunset House. The place is perfect for watching the sunsets and having a few drinks.
The only true negative is the cost but we certainly got our money's worth. I would highly recommend the Ritz (ESPECIALLY FOR A HONEYMOON) and I am sure it will not be our last stay there.
Safe and fun travels to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Traveltool, S.L.U., Destinology, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands