Again, wont repeat the unnecessary details reviewd by other members. My husband and I stayed at the Ritz using Marriott reward points that we acrued from our wedding event. This was an amazing resort. I would not recommend staying at any other place. I am very hard to please, and the Ritz (esp, Lavinia) far exceeded our expectations. The staff is over -friendly and very polite. Please say "Good Morning" to everyone. Islanders consider it rude to walk by and put down your head without acknowledging the presence of another human being...refreshing change from the East coast mentality!
Even though it was a free 5-day stay (marriott award points), the reservation desk upgraded us to a pool view room with our own private terrace! Can't beat that. We also were celebrating my husbands birthday and I have to agree with other reviewers, the restaurant called 7 had a private cabana set up for us as a surprise. We also had Orlando as our server, what a great guy!
When we got back to the room, there was a great gift waiting for us in the room. A ritz carlton photo frame, candle, and body gel with a card saying Happy Birthday from Ritz!!
Room service/housekeeping 2x a day with nightly turn-down service and chocolate treat on our pillow.
The pool was a bit cold (not heated), but the caribbean sun was warm . Definitely try the Spa , amazing!
Take a $2.50 bus ride (actually minivans that stop on the side of the road filled with other tourists) to Georgetown where you will find alot of jewelry stores at discount prices and great places to eat .
In sum , I am so glad we stayed at the Ritz (our first time in a Ritz property). The internet is free (not sure if it is because of the season). We are going back tomorrow to the DC area refreshed as ever, and ready to tackle the cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, West Indies, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands