Just returned from a 6 night stay with 2 teenagers. This hotelis great for families of all ages. It is nicer and cleaner than the Westin and the Marriott. The location on Seven Mile beach is fantastic. Service was top knotch. We have stayed a several of the Four Seasons properties over spring break and found this Ritz to be better than, Nevis, Great Exuma and Maui. The staff did a great job accomodating the near capacity hotel. We did not wait for ttables. The food in Blue was great, but, very!!!!! pricy. Seven the steak house restraunt was a better value for families. The casual restraunts were also very good. Beware the prices in the Caymans are very high. Two Virgin Frozen drinks by the pool will be $20.00 U.S. Dinners for 4 without expensive wine will run $200-$300. Off site we ate at Luna, a short a walk on the beach. The food at Luna is modern Italian. A cab ride will get you to the Wharf or Calypso. Forget the Wharf...but Calypso is worth the extra $50.00 for the round trip cab ride.
For activities, a trip to StingRay City with Blue Fin that leaves directly from the Ritz is great. The boats hold 8 people and will take you to secluded spots for snorkeling. Cayman is a big stop with the Cruise lines. We never went to Georgetown because we heard it is crawling with cruisers. The hotel has great kid and family activities through their Ambassadors of the Environment program.
We had probably had one of the least desirable rooms in the hotel and it was fine for a family of 4. As reported by others, there is a walk to the beach via an enclosed bridge from the lagoon side of the hotel. We didn't find this a problem. We were also closer to the Spa, Gym , and quiet pool.
Workout facilities are some of the best I have seen in a hotel. The spa was also very nice.
Flights from the US are convenient. Continental, Delta, US Air and American all service the Island. Cayman Air flies direct from Several Us. cities.
If you go to the Caymans splurge and stay at the Ritz. The Marriot and Westin are dated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands