The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
3,212 results
All reviewsbar jackthe ritzclub levelbeach sideresort viewgrand caymanocean frontsushi restauranttasting menusteam roomresort feefour seasonsfront rowrum punchpaddle boardsfitness centerbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2009

This is my first review and I felt I must write it since I relied so heavily on everyone else's reviews prior to this trip. My husband and I were looking for a summer vacation that involved hot weather, blue water, and luxury. We accomplished all three here. Having previously stayed at the One & Only Palmilla, our standards were fairly high. I've never stayed at a Ritz, but must say, it got nicer and nicer as the week went on. The attention to detail, the decor, and the service were wonderful. This is what you are paying for!

We stayed in the garden view rooms and didn't regret it once. Our view was just fine and the location worked well for us since we were close to the gym, the restaurants and the spa. For every person who has gone on and on about how far of a walk this wing is from the beach, all I can think is that they just don't exercise much. It's not far. Expensive, yes, but you just have to put it out of your mind before you get there. Nothing was a suprise after reading all of the previous reviews. 2 fruity drinks cost about $30. A lunch at Periwinkle with 2 drinks cost us $75 one day, but we balanced it all by eating breakfast in the room (they let you clear out the mini fridge for your stuff if you want). We also ate at Eats Cafe for breakfast a few times. Short walk and very good. $20. Don't miss the fish tacos at the Sunshine Grill either (yellow hotel behind Eats shopping center). And yes, Capt. Marvins was fine for Stingray city and cheaper.

Blue was PHENOMENAL! I must say. I would suggest going all the way if you go. We were going to go off the a la carte to save money, but I think that would have been a mistake. We went with both tasting menu's and shared so we could try everything on the menu. If we had stuck with just one dish, I think it would have been lost on us. Worth every dime, but then I'm a foodie. Cost with a bottle of wine= $420USD.

The pool was great, though we never went in. Stuck with the beach and their covered chairs. Cushy and cozy. The water was crystal and they never had a shortage of rafts, chairs, or floating islands (which I could see folks fighting for in the busy season). No need to rush down at 9am to save a seat at this time of year. We don't have kids and worried it would be too "family friendly", but it wasn't a zoo or anything and we quite enjoyed the families. No screeming kids running around or anything. Also, grab the snorkel stuff and walk down the beach to the reef about 100yds out. Well worth it. Oh, and the car- you don't really need to rent one. The island is fairly boring, so we got a jeep one day (Avis at the Ritz) and had the whole thing covered. For us, a rental for the week wouldn't have been worth it. Took a cab to Calypso Grill ($21) and the food was good, but I would travel the world to get the sticky toffee pudding dessert again. Don't miss it... I'm telling you! Pappagallo italian was great also- we hit this up when we had the jeep, so saved the cab fare. Spa was amazing if you are good to drop the money. The service and enviornment was top notch!

That's about it. I've heard this is a quieter island, which was fine by us. Expect to spend money, but it's so worth it!! Enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Capitolhillsnob
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Just a great week in a spectacular, wonderful location. The entire staff here is 5 star. If you are looking for a bargain, however, look elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2009

A fter first booking at the Westin and not getting a very comfortable feeling, I ckecked into the Ritz packages. From the minute I asked about services and amenities I was impressed. The staff is incredible and made our trip a delight. They cater to your every need and do it with a smile! The price is high, but they don't nickel and dime you to death for the extras that you use on trips, ie; internet, breakfast ,bottled water ,beach equipment, use of the gym, extra fridge etc. Housekeeping just kept offering more shampoo, lotions, whatever we needed. One very kind housekeeper even came back with aloe for our sunburn!!!

The cost of the food and drinks can be staggering!!! $20.00 for a pina colada was too much, but you just look at what is reasonable on the menu. You won't get a bad meal so enjoy. Just remember gratuatity is already included on your bill.

My only negative is that there wasnt any activities for my older teens and 20yr old. in the evening. It would be good of the hotel to incorporate something for the younger crowd.

All in all, I wouldn't stay anywhere else on 7 Mile Beach!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2009

First let me say the Ritz in Grand Cayman is by far the finest on the island. my wife and I have been to Grand Cayman, Maui and Cancun in this last year and so far Grand Cayman is our favorite, because of the Ritz!!

The staff is incredible!! Let me give you an example, one evening my wife and I wanted to try a local mexican place, most of the locals rave about it (Agave Mexican), anyways we called for a taxi and he didn't know where it was so Ollie ( one of the door guys) told to get out of the taxi and he personally drove to the restuarant. Now thats service!!!

Our first night we ate at Seven, the new york was perfect and the conch chowder was awesome, our server Bihm, was very courteous and friendly thoughout the week, we ran into him at the restaurant and he remembered our names each time!!

we did manage to find some local spots, thanks to other reviews. Eats cafe for breakfast, sunshine grill for the best burgers and fish tacos on the island. Eduordo's for awesome raviolis, copperfalls steakhouse again for steak and seafood, guy harveys in georgetown for seafood and Agave for mexican, very cool people and a great selection of tequila.

The beach is incredible and the water is so clear and calm, i snorkled almost everyday and have loads of pictures. We had a faboulous time and i highly recommend staying here, you won't be sorry!!

We are already planning next years trip and it's going to be grand cayman and the Ritz Carlton-- See you in the sand!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jvajrtra
Reviewed 18 August 2009

From the moment we arrived, all was taken care of without fuss, without drama in this lovely, immaculately maintained property. We are seasoned Ritz Carlton travelers and just like many other Ritz properties, this property is gorgeous but it is the staff that is truly exceptional. By far, this is the friendliest, most courteous caribbean hotel we have ever visited. Everyone is really lovely and offers assistance with a smile.

Now for specifics. There are 2 sections of the hotel, the Resort Tower and the Ocean Tower. They in fact are not towers but entire mega buildings. They are connected by a internal bridge. Resort Tower is further from the beach. Clearly, if you can pay up, the Ocean Tower is closer to the beach, breakfast, larger pool and pool bar. We were upgraded to the Ocean Tower, no beach view, but we were very happy. The room was larger than the typical Ritz room.

The beach, water, sand, is out of a Caribbean dream brochure. Lots of beach chairs, each with its own individual tent for shade. However, I do have one criticism in this regard. The tents do not offer adequate shade. And in the steamy, August sunlight people were contriving additional shade by draping their beach towels around the tent. So Ritz, you need to invest in beach umbrellas or awnings, these tents just aren't enough.

There are plenty of excellent restaurants in the area. But even a short cab ride is going to cost $10-$15 one way. So don't moan and groan about the prices, consider yourself forewarned. Just sit back and enjoy the lovely people and the incredible beach.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family