My husband and I stayed at The Ritz for our first anniversary and birthday celebrations. I have stayed in other RC in the US for business travel so this was my first experience enjoying the "resort" amenities of a RC. This hotel definitely did not disappoint. We felt that the RC was a better price/value compared to the other hotel options on Grand Cayman and we were VERY glad we chose it after seeing the other hotels we considered.
Before we arrived, a representative from guest services emailed me to find out our room preferences, special requests, food allergies, etc. It was evident they put that information to good use becuase all of our requests were met and they ensured no nuts in any of our meals since we indicated that was a food allergy.
The entire hotel staff was so friendly, accomodating, and helpful. They definitely went the extra mile to ensure we enjoyed our anniversary and birthday celebrations down to the gifts upon arrival and special note signed by the staff. We arranged all of our trips/tours before we arrived but it would have been just as easy to book through the hotel and ensure we were not getting ripped off. The hotel was not full by any means when we were there and there was a low child/adult ratio. This made our stay all the more romantic since we were looking for a quiet and realxing week.
The food was excellent! We had the breakfast buffet included in the price of our room. It was definitely not worth the $75/person if we were to have paid for it separately but we did feel like we got a great deal in the package we purchased. Each day, we enjoyed happy hour out on the beach until the sun went down. The daquiri's and chips and salsa were yummy! Even as it became dark, we still wanted to soak in as much of the water/beach as we could. The wait staff on the beach continued to serve us and check on us until we finally left - even though they should have been finished working for the night. The food at the pool/beach bar was excellent - very large portions so we split meals each time we ate there. We rented a beach bed for one of the days and it was so much more comfortable than the chairs - definitely worth it in my opinion. The chairs weren't bad by any means - the beds were a nice "indulgence" though.
Overall, the hotel couldn't have been a better choice for our celebration trip. I would highly recommend it to anybody!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands