My husband and I went to the RCGC to celebrate our anniversary, and while it wasn't a bad trip, it also wasn't as special as we had hoped.
I think the biggest issue is the service. All the staff is very pleasant and always greet you, frequently by name. However, service is painfully slow - at the restaurants, at the pool, at the beach, at the concierge desk. We were frequently trying to get someone's attention for a check at a restaurant, or to place a drink order pool side, etc. We would leave our room at 7:30am to get breakfast and then hit the beach or pool not returning to our room until 3:30 or 4p to find our room not even made up yet. This hotel is at a similar price point to Four Seasons and based on our trip to Four Seasons Punta Mita, there is no comparison. The service and amenities were so much better at the Four Seasons.
To the previous posters comment about some ill-behaved parents, it is so true. There were several families where I knew the names of all their kids...not because I talked to them but I constantly heard the parents screaming and yelling at their kids (and honestly the issue was more the parents than the children.)
We were surprised and disappointed that there is no kid-free areas at the hotel. It would have been nice to have the second pool as an adult-only. We also booked the champagne & appetizer sunset sail only to find out that kids are allowed on that as well! Eric Ripert's Blue restaurant was also loaded with families with young children. I have no problem with families going (as we will frequently take our children to fine dining establishments. But as a parent, you have to pick up and go at the first sign of a meltdown and not subject other dinner guests to the results of an over tired child)
The spa and gym were great. Definitely worth packing your work-out clothes and sneakers.
The food was good at the hotel. We did the tasting menu with wine pairing at Blue one night and it was truly fabulous (we are foodies and I would definitely put it in our top ten dining experiences). We did venture out of the hotel a couple of times for meals, the only place I would highly recommend is Agua, great food and wonderful service.
One last note - This hotel felt like all the other Ritz Carltons. In fact it felt so similar to the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island. It's probably not a fair thing to say, because that is what the Ritz does - each hotel is very similar so that travelers know and get what they expect. My concern is that I really had no feeling of being in Grand Cayman - even most of the staff were not local.
I probably won't go back - not that it was a bad experience but it just didn't "wow" me and at this price point there are many other options. I would not recommend it for couples trying to get away...I think this is best as a family vacation destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Here, sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort hotel offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, West Indies, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands