“Nickeled and Dimed to DEATH”

The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I've stayed at Ritz and Four Seasons properties before. In Lanai, Maui, St. Thomas, Miami etc. I must say, I've never felt so nickeled and dimed to death in my whole life than at the Ritz in Grand Cayman. first off.....breakfast buffet for 2....$80 U.S. dollars. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? for a waffle, a piece of overcooked bacon and watermelon juice. OUTRAGEOUS. I had a better buffet at Marriott down the road where I stayed for the first 3 days of my trip. Next, everyone there was fishing for a tip. From the men that open the doors, to man RUNNING down the hall to take my bag, after I emphatically told him "i can do it myself", yanks the bag out of my hand. Then there was the waiter who brought my drink to the beach... THREE TIMES he told us, I brought you extra hot sauce in case your drink isn't spicy enough. THREE TIMES, hoping for a tip. i heard him the first time. The best part was when I was waiting to check out, one of the door attendees asked me if i had a nice stay. Before I could even respond, he saw another guest wheeling his bag down the hallway and ran to help, without even saying, "excuse me, I'll be right back" and even better, after the gentleman tipped him for helping and there was no other customer in sight, he never even returned to me to hear my answer or say, I'm sorry for cutting you off. I could see his priority was the tip. Additionally, the only day I went to the pool, I kid you not, 3 coackroaches floating dead in the pool near the steps. I put one foot in, and stepped back out. Then wanted to try the jacuzzi b/c the day before no one could go in bc of the temperature. AT 10am already, the entire jacuzzi was covered in sand and the water was ice cold. the attendants don't seem to take very good care of cleaning the water in either place. Never again for the Ritz Carlton in Grand Cayman.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank moepsu

Reviewed 6 November 2010

My wife and I were looking to relax chill for the week, and the Ritz made it happen. What a fantastic time. Everything was perfect. We have been to some nice places, and this is by far, the best!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drewaugusta1
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We enjoyed a great stay at the Ritz Carlton and I had a wonderful half day treatment at the Silver Rain (La Prairie) Spa. Overall, a great experience but it is very expensive, especially the spa. I'm not sure it is worth the money but the experience is memorable and nice to try.

Enjoy,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2010

This is a great hotel, with many amenities. Loved the spa, the service, and the music. It was worth the money, to be sure. The beach, however, can be overcrowed.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank MiguelHOmbremanzana
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Amazing hotel, room service was reasonable, kids club however a different matter. The only flaw was that the residences have full view of the beach and the hotel doesn't.. Lovely decor...Apparently the best hotel on the Island...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Fifitrixy
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Definitely the best hotel we have ever stayed in. Modern, comfortable rooms,
excellent service, amazing food (the best steak we ever had at 7 restaurant),
great spa and exercise facilities.
The most beautiful beach. We cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bozena_d
Reviewed 16 October 2010

This hotel was beautiful and the service was great. The food at the resturants was exceptional and being able to sit at tables in the water while having food and beverages was perfect. Looking foward to going back.

• Stayed: August 2010