I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this hotel. I stayed for a week over Thanksgiving with my husband, our 4 young children and my parents. We had club level rooms with a garden view. The view was lovely, with the resort side pool, palm trees, and the occasional iguana in sight. The food and presentations at the club lounge were amazing, delicious and plentiful. Cappucinos, smoked salmon, pasties, hot oatmeal, for breakfast. Paninis, soup, sandwiches, salad bar, chicken nuggets and french fries for the kids for lunch. In the evening, sushi, spanikopita, meat skewers with spicy peanut sauce, cheese, olives, mixed drinks, champagne, 6 kinds of good wine, sandwiches and macaroni and cheese for the kids...All day there were big jars of fresh cookies and fun candies. It was totally worth the extra money for club level, especially with little kids who are hungry at all times.
The pool and ocean were beautiful. The beach had sand like powdered sugar and the water was the color of seaglass. There were no waves which made it easy for my kids to swim to the fun rafts they had floating in the water. There were also these floating table and chairs with shade covers and a little table....so fun! we could have lounged in them all day. It was so beautiful and peaceful and just pleasant.
The kids club, the Ambassadors for the Environment, was also amazing! My 6 year old took a solar cooking class, and my 8 year old did a class on underwater photography with her grandfather. Another day my 2 oldest kids took an excursion to the botanical garden to learn about the blue iguana recovery program. They also had astronomy classes, submarine rides, shipwreck snorkeling, etc.....the list is amazing. I felt like they actually learned something rather that were simply babysat.
The service at the hotel was beyond great. I felt like we were treated like royalty by everyone. Every employee i met was happy and friendly. This hotel must be incredibly managed. If you needed anything, there was someone to assist with a smile. My husband loved the workout area and the spa. They offered several classes a day at the gym, but I was too busy in the ocean floating lounge chairs to care!
I could go on and on and on about what a great place this was. It was so easy with kids! Ritz really knows how to treat families that want to vacation together,especially during the holidays. I suggest to those reviewers who do not want to see kids, to perhaps go to a "couples only" resort, or maybe avoid traveling during times when children have time off from school ( like, Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, etc.).
The only thing I would do different is reserve one of those giant lounge chairs with the shade right on the beach in advance, as they were booked when I got there. This is by far the best hotel I have stayed at (including several other ritzs, many hotels in Hawaii, many in Bermuda, etc.) I will be canceling the disney cruise I had planned this summer to hopefully stay here again during my kids break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury two-tower resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. With a resort side including resort and garden view rooms and an ocean side for ocean view rooms the property runs from sound to sea. Residential towers are located on the ocean side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Destinology, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Cayman Islands