“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I went there in May of 2013. My husband had the fish and chips, while I had a barbecue with great spicy cold slaw. I would never have thought about barbecue in the islands, but this place was referred to us by a young couple from Texas. They loved our meals. We then went back in November 2013 and I longed for the barbecue. When we got there I noticed it read differently on the menu so I asked if it was the same. I was told, no by the waitress and that the owner had sold the kitchen and it was not the same. So we ordered the fish and chips. As true the portion was large, it was fried so well done that between the crust was a layer of mush. We were so disappointed as it is a fun place, true to the islands where you sit under a thatched roof and have a drink(s) and dinner.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

So went to Surfside after a day out and about wanting a meal and a drink....20 minutes and still no visit from the server. I don't consider 20 minutes to get a drink when the place is hardly busy is acceptable so gave up and left and spent my money elsewhere.

1  Thank Paula W
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stopped at this place on the advice of friends while on the Brilliance of the Seas. It was a wonderful place. Great beach. Good island bar food. Plenty of cold beer, although a little expensive for a draft. Lots of fun Beach entertainment and games.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We arrived at Grand Cayman on a cruise ship, and found a tour of the island right at the dock. At the end of the tour we asked to be dropped off somewhere along Seven Mile Beach, where we could swim and relax for a few hours. Surfside was a great place to hang out.

There are large change rooms, which was nice. Lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas for rent. Can't recall exactly how much we paid, but it was less than $20 for two chairs and an umbrella. The water was great. There was a slight drop off, and it was a little hard to climb back out of the ocean, but lots of fun.

We ordered lunch from the restaurant, and they delivered it to our lounge chairs. It was fine, and the coconut cream pie was great. They have jet skis for rent too. It was very easy to get a ride back to the cruise ship. There were lots of vans waiting to take people back. The cost was $5 per person.

Definitely a great place to hang out, with all the amenities you need.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We went to Surfside Beach Restaurant and Bar on our last night in Grand Cayman. We got there around 5:15ish, just after Happy Hour had started and in time to watch a beautiful sunset. They were offering great beer, wine, and well drink specials from 5-7. All four of us in our group had the fish and chips--the piece of fish was ENORMOUS, with a great, crispy outside coating. No live music, but the song selecton that was playing was fun and upbeat. After it got dark, it was a great spot to relax and watch the cruise ships pull out of port.