“You get what you pay for”
Review of Surfside Beach Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Surfside Beach Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We decided to spend our day at Surfside Beach, the "free" beach on Seven Mile Beach. We figured that in Grand Cayman it really didn't matter which beach we were on. We are a family of 6, traveling with a group of 18. Round trip from the Cruise docks to the beach was $10pp. The beach chairs and umbrellas were an additional $20-30. A mediocre lunch for 6 (basic nachos, chicken tenders, cheeseburger and fish sandwiches, with soft drinks) was $105, a bucket of beer (5 of them) was $25. The beach was really crowded and the music (I'm not sure what you'd call it) was blaring. It was certainly not a terrible experience, but just remember that you get what you pay for. Next time, I'd do my research into another part of the beach.

1  Thank rachelfont

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Our tour Ebanks dropped us at this beach with several bars on it but suggested we go to this one after our excursion was cancelled due to rough waters on the sandbar. The water here was like glass, the restaurant beautiful high end decoration and lounge furniture. Several TVs with sports on, free Internet, The sand to the beach steep but chairs comfortable. 7.00 for a day to lounge. Fun DJ with lots of games like Limbo and booty shaking but NOT inappropriate and annoying at all. My 16 year old girls had fun while I lounged and the music was not too loud but loud enough. They checked IDs and did not just feed my girls alcohol like I see many of them do.

1  Thank srfrgrl97
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I went there in May of 2013. My husband had the fish and chips, while I had a barbecue with great spicy cold slaw. I would never have thought about barbecue in the islands, but this place was referred to us by a young couple from Texas. They loved our meals. We then went back in November 2013 and I longed for the barbecue. When we got there I noticed it read differently on the menu so I asked if it was the same. I was told, no by the waitress and that the owner had sold the kitchen and it was not the same. So we ordered the fish and chips. As true the portion was large, it was fried so well done that between the crust was a layer of mush. We were so disappointed as it is a fun place, true to the islands where you sit under a thatched roof and have a drink(s) and dinner.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

So went to Surfside after a day out and about wanting a meal and a drink....20 minutes and still no visit from the server. I don't consider 20 minutes to get a drink when the place is hardly busy is acceptable so gave up and left and spent my money elsewhere.

1  Thank Paula W
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stopped at this place on the advice of friends while on the Brilliance of the Seas. It was a wonderful place. Great beach. Good island bar food. Plenty of cold beer, although a little expensive for a draft. Lots of fun Beach entertainment and games.