“Nice Vegan Food”

Island Naturals Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: At Island Naturals we strive to provide people with healthy convenient food options. Our aim is to make it easier for people to incorporate healthy food into their day. We specialize in Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Vegan Food. We are open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and we also offer fresh juices, an extensive smoothie list and several gluten-free baked good options. As healthy lifestyle enthusiasts, we also offer a wide variety of sustainably grown, non-GMO, organic, raw superfoods that each have their own quality of abundant nutrients, energy and benefits to offer the body.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This place is a real gem. We are lucky enough to be staying at Park Place and are directly infront of it. We ordered fresh juice each morning so far. Their Avocado Black Bean wrap was also recommended and it was delicious. Can't wait to go back and try some of their other items.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I realize that vegans think every single vegan restaurant is great just because its vegan, but frankly, I much preferred the old Roots Delight vegan restaurant that occupied this space previously.
I'm not vegan but I do try to eat healthy foods, and I often eat vegetarian/vegan dishes and I'm willing to pay a little more for them. When they have a lot of taste, I usually enjoy them. That's where Island Naturals falls down in my opinion; the food I had from them just didn't have a lot of taste and wasn't worth the money I paid.
The other issue I had with them was the surly girl at the counter. In the old Roots Delight restaurant, you were always greeted with a smile and friendly service. The girl behind the counter seemed to have an I-work-in-a-vegan-restaurant-and-you-don't superiority complex for some strange reason. And when I handed her a $25 bill for my $10 order, she looked at my wallet, saw I had a $10 bill and insisted I pay with exact change. While I waited for my order, a regular who she knew came in, paid with $25 bill for something that cost $10, and she said nothing. She might not have had enough change in her till to give me $15 back, but if that were the case, she should have said so and asked politely if I would mind paying with exact change, instead of forcefully insisting I pay with exact change. I suppose I could have accepted her behaviour if the Quinoa Veggie Wrap tasted good and didn't have the texture of sawdust! But alas, that wasn't the case.

2  Thank Fopodopie
Lindsay A, Owner at Island Naturals Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Hi there good afternoon,
I appreciate very much your comments although I am very disappointed That your experience was as you described. This is surely something I will be discussing with the staff. A high level of customer service is very important to me however as you know often it is difficult to find people who care as much about your business as you do.
As for the comments on the food I am quite surprised to say the least and I will be speaking to the chef. She prides herself on her food and I assure you based on our consistent customer base and rate of growth since our opening that our food is not normally bland in fact most of our customers
Rave about how much flavor the food has for being vegan and gluten free.
At this time we are training a new cook and my guess is that something was made not up to the chefs normal very high standard.
My sincere apologies. And I would like to invite you back to try something else
On the menu at my expense. Please Email me at islandnaturals@live.com so we can arrange

Again thank you for your comments as these things only push us to improve!
Have a wonderful day :)

Reviewed 6 April 2014

A great lunch/breakfast place. The salads are lovely particularly the carrot and apple - it has a yummy ginger dressing. I also enjoyed the super healthy and tasty chocolate banana smoothie. Thanks to this café I only put on half a pound after my 12 day holiday to Cayman; unlike my normal 7IB +.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We shared 4 dishes and I liked the "meat" wrap with the cashew cheese. This is a good place to get stuff to go and then enjoy it on the beach!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

All menu is totally healthy - the salads, sandwiches and juices are very good and very tasty which is not always easy. The juices are all pure and salads have some interesting combinations - beets and cashew hummus.