“My Heart Is Still at The Meridian” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Meridian

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Meridian
Toronto, Canada
“My Heart Is Still at The Meridian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

I didn't want to leave.My purpose for this trip is to get away from the big city, and staying at The Meridian has fulfilled everything I needed for my body and soul.The praise is thoroughly deserved.

Being more of a private person, the beach was private and not busy like most popular hotels on beach. This was my “retreat”. The warm, friendly atmosphere between management and staff was fantastic. Condo was immaculate, on beautiful tropical manicured grounds.
Mesmerized from the view, it was breathtaking! Location was perfect; to be able to have everything you need across the street. Having the perfect view, ocean breeze and celebrating the sunsets with champagne on the beach what else can you ask for? I will defenitely be back soon, I want to thank The Meridian for a great experience!

Management referred us to have dinner at “Ostra Bay”, I want to thank her for the referral. What a great experience. Osetra Bay is very sophisticated, elegant yet very personal and relaxing. The first thing I have noticed walking in was the decor because it reminded me of Miami Beach, it seemed like entering on a different planet. The music and friendly ambiance was perfect. Great selection on the menu, waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and great suggestions from her. I liked the idea on having entrees served by different waiters/waitresses. The food was excellent, my #1 appetizer i suggest is the Lobster Bisque, as my main course I loved the angus beef rib eye. Overall the menu is excellent! “Cheers to the chef!”...

Stayed February 2011

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

It was one of those vacations which you wished would never end! Great beach, great weather, great place! Our condo (#11) was spacious and comfortable with every amenity we could possible need. Wish we were there now!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

We recently returned from another fabulous 10 day vacation at The Meridian. I have been visiting that property since 1986 (Pan Cayman anyone?), and what I find remarkable is that the experiences always get better. The staff is first rate; they make the stay as rewarding as it is – from check-in through departure service and smiles carry the day. The day after we returned my wife was looking at her schedule to see when we could go back to The Meridian

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

Located right in the middle of SMB. Easy walking to grocery store and many great places to eat. Condo was very nice and clean. Housekeeping was there before noon everyday with lots of beach towels and did a great job. Grounds are spectacular and beach is great. Weber grills outside were great for dinner and cleaned spotless every day. Pool was a little warm, but no big deal. Would recommend the Meridian and can't wait to go back !

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cessna210
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

Our recent visit to The Meridian was perfect as usual, we are very blessed to be able to stay in such fantastic accommodations, with excellent service, and the most professional staff on the island. We have stayed at many properties in Grand Cayman and I assure everyone this is the best ever. We are very fortunate to be able to visit frequently and are never disappointed. Everyone at The Meridian goes out of their way to make your stay fantastic, every time. This property is perfectly situated within a short beach walk to all kinds of water sports and dinning. Nothing better than a glass of wine at sunset at The Meridian. Our dream is to retire there and never leave.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

I have vacationed in the Caymans every summer since 2006. I have stayed at 3 different condo locations in the heart of Seven Mile Beach. By far, The Meridian experience has
exceeded my expectations from the time I arrive, until the time we return home. The difference I have found, has been the management that truly caters to the guests, and
pays attention to detail from the accommodations to the well kept pool and beach area.
I met one of the new owners this past week, and after considering several units on Seven Mile Beach, He said that the Meridian was the place to call home. I agree with him. Thank
you Lee for a wonderful week - We will see you next summer!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

I am still amazed at the lack of basic ethics exhibited by the management company handling the Meridian units in such an apparently wonderful and upscale property. I urge you to be cautious about staying at the Meridian. If management can't be trusted to accurately quote rates and honor what has been quoted, can a potential guest have any confidence about receiving trusthworthy service after they have booked and paid?

Here's my story. I called around April 28, 2010 and inquired about available units for the last week of May for a family trip. I was given a list of several 3 bedroom units and provided a price for the week p this price was quoted to me by the manager, Lee, who indicated that this was the best price available. Lee implied that she was giving me an additional discount from the normal rate. I assumed that Lee was being honest with me.

Over the course of the next week I exchanged multiple emails with Lee regarding the previously quoted rate as I examined other properties on Grand Cayman and compared prices. In one email exchange, Lee also provided me a quoted rate on a 2 bedroom unit but explained that no 2 bed unit was available (she provided it for comparison purposes).

Having setlled on unit #25, I emailed approximately a week from the point of first contact (and quoted rate) and asked to be contacted if unit 25 was still available so we could book the reservation. To my utter amazement, I was told by Pat, who called, that unit 25 was available but that the rate was going to be much higher. After I pressed her about my previous quote, Pat explained that the prior quote Lee provided was for a 2 bedroom unit. After hearing this explanation I became suspicious and pointed out to Pat that Lee had in fact already provided a 2 bedroom quote which was lower than the 3 bedroom rate and that I had the quote in an email from Lee. Pat curtly responded that they would call me the next day. A few hours later I received an email from Lee saying she would no longer honor the rate she quoted just a week earlier.

Needless to say, I have never experienced such a lack of professionalism and outright duplicity in my dealings with a property management company. If a management company cannot deal truthfully during the booking process, how can a potential guest have any confidence that their dealings with the Meridian after booking and handing over their money will be handled ethically and to a level of satisfaction? After reading all the wonderful comments left by other guests, I am disappointed that my family will not be able to enjoy the property BUT I am also glad that I did not discover the duplicity of management AFTER I arrived when it would have been too late to avoid any overcharges or other financial costs.

Incidentally, I have the complete email history of the above situation for any potential guest or current unit owner.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family