“comfort, convenience, camaraderie...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coral Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seven Mile Beach
Coral Sands Resort
Charlevoix, Michigan, USA
“comfort, convenience, camaraderie...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I have owned a time-share week here at Coral Sands for about 15 years and have been here at least ten times. It is located a short walk from downtown Georgetown, just to the Seven-Mile-Beach-side of town. The view across the harbor is wonderful as I enjoy the blue hues of the ocean. We have a wonderful small reef right off our beach and snorkeling is an everyday thing if you so choose. Kirk's supermarket is directly across the street and well stocked with anything you may wish. I've been pleased with the effort to update and maintain the property over the years. The manager, Harry, is very nice and sincerely wants to be sure you have a good experience. It's not the fanciest place on the island, but it has my vote for a great place to relax and read a book and chill on vacation. Only 12 units and you get acquainted with everyone staying there most years. My kids are now out of college and no longer come with us, but they have great memories of our times at Coral Sands.

Room Tip: rooms 1 and 12 have the best views, 6 and 7 are best for families with kids.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Robt M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Claremore, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This lovely little two bedroom timeshare exchange was perfect for our needs. The staff was ever so generous with their help, had a great time at the mid-week potluck, and the grocery store was a two block walk. Walked a lot and took pretty reasonable ground transport otherwise. Seven Mile Beach is not to be missed. Also, the dive package through Red Sails was totally well run. Staff great, equipment well maintained and prices within reach. Highly recommend the Stingray City encounter. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: This is a small complex and well maintained. Also, very quiet. Lots of interesting fauna, particul...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seekrit
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just got back from Grand Cayman Island Stayed at the Coral Sands Resort from October 19th to the 26th.. BEST PLACE BY FAR TO STAY ~~ anyone that feels any different about this GREAT PLACE... CAN NOT AND WILL NOT BE PLEASED ANYWHERE!! Harry the manager is a wonderful person makes you feel welcome from the second you open the door to check in.. the hole staff {junior] included could not be more helpful..My vacation was perfect .. my unit was clean and very spacious 2 bedroom townhouse that sleeps 6 full size kitchen shower downstairs and upstairs and clean clean clean.... I will be back to g c I.... and I will stay at this resort again.. I LOVED the fact that it was only 12 units.. all the guests were friendly and the view of the resort is PRICELESS .. Very sad that I had to leave.. Can't wait to go back..

Room Tip: We did rent a car.. It was 4 of us and we like to travel around the island but there is a lot walkin...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank challenger59
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the Caymans and our stay at Coral Sands Resort. It is only on the edge of 7 mile beach but the bay is quiet and secluded, which we loved. Sometimes we were the only people on the beach, as other guests went on trips around the island(s), The barbecue provided by Harry was excellent and a good way to get to know other guests. It rained quite a bit while we were there but it was still warm and most of the rain was at night (with thunderstorms). The apartments are clean, well equipped. They have ceiling fans and A/C. Wifi is provided in some of the rooms and you should be able to pick up in all the rooms. If not, speak to Harry and he will re-set it in the room nearby. Right opposite the supermarket for all your provisions and a 10 minute walk to the nearest liquor store. Quite a few restaurants are within walking distance. Some are more expensive than others.

Room Tip: As mentioned by others, Rooms 1 & 12 have side windows with views over the ocean. Rooms 1, 4, 6...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Caprio
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our family stayed for a week in August and loved the resort. Harry and his staff were always friendly and helpful making you feel like you feel like part of the family. He even took time to call you personally to make sure to attend the Tuesday pot luck dinner. The units and property are very clean and the condo's are the largest we have stayed in. The property itself is situated so everyone has an ocean view while not being crowded into a resort with hundreds of people. The other guests were great and the beach was large enough to socialize with new found friends or provide your own little corner to enjoy coffee, sunsets, and sunrises.

My 4 year old grand daughter found the beach a wonderful place to find new treasures and explore the water. The location is just across the street from a major grocery store making everything very convenient. In fact we had such a great vacation the entire family is headed back next year!!!! We posted a few more pictures so you can see what a wonderful resort this is.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank LORI J
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was more than pleased with my vacation experience at the Coral Sands Resort, Grand Cayman. The Coral Sands is a very friendly, intimate resort featuring 12 units. My husband and I have been going there every year with our 3 children since they were about 5 years old (our children are now 13). We’ve known Rachel, the reservation Manger for about 7 years and she’s always super helpful. From the moment you land on the island and arrive at the resort, which is about 20 minutes away, you are in awe of the views. The Coral Sands sits directly on the ocean and the units are all 2 BR and 2 Bath. The parking garage is within 100 ft. of the units so moving your belongings is an easy task. I was greeted by a very happy man named Harry. I nicknamed him “Happy Harry”, as he always aims to please. I can’t boast enough about the people running the resort and working there. They provide a really simple and easy, non-stressful check in process, which is so important as my kids are usually bugging to change so they can go into the ocean. I can’t brag enough about the units. Throughout the years, I’ve seen great choices for updates, upgrades etc. and the Defender Resorts is always updating and maintaining the property. I have found their choices over the years to be perfect for the setting. All of the units now have flat screen TV’s, updated appliances, full and complete kitchen with new dishes, sofas and beds AND bedding. The units have new updated bathrooms and faucets and the draperies have been updated as well. We typically travel in a group of 5 and there is plenty of space to not feel too cramped. Overall, the units are always very clean, there’s always someone on property sweeping, cleaning or doing something to keep it picture perfect. The outside also has a Grill which brings the 12 families together. The resort has a brand new dock that now takes you further out into the ocean, which is a real plus as I can now easily shore dive off of it without having to walk the extra 250 ft. or so through the knee deep water. I have found the owners and the RCI members and/or renters to be very very friendly, always sharing and wanting to tell a story. I highly recommend the coral sands and can’t wait for my next vacation!

Room Tip: We prefer the first floor, but if you are seeking a little bit more space, the 4 units upstairs are...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank AveryPV
Pelham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Location! Location! Location! Coral Sands is your "home away from home". We can't say enough about this property! It is a small community where you will get to know everyone staying for the week. At sunset, everyone gathers together and enjoys the view together. In the morning, many of the guests are drinking their coffee either on the beach or at the covered tables on the patio. The unit is extremely clean and has all the basics necessary. The beds were extremely comfortable. My son states that the pull out sofa was the best he ever slept on (and he has slept on many, many RCI resort, pull out beds).

I was a little concerned when I read the beach was not a "swimming beach" but I quickly learned what that meant. A swimming, walk in beach has a sandy entrance and is free of coral and rocks. Coral Sands has a sandy beach but walking in requires one to be careful of the rocks and coral. All it requires is a pair of beach shoes! This also means that it is a fantastic place to snorkel. We took the kids down to Governors Beach (gorgeous, white, sandy beach) and within an hour they were begging to get back to Coral Sands. Apparently, white sandy beaches are BORING for snorkeling. My kids found Coral Sands to be a snorkeler's delight. We carried our own floats/tubes but there were quite a few, free for our use, thanks to past guests. If you use a bright pink one, it was my daughters. LOL.

We found the resort to be very convenient. The supermarket is across the street. There are also many restaurants close by/walking distance (The Wharf, Da Fish Shack to name two). Georgetown was a two minute drive and the airport was about five miles. Seven Mile Beach (the sandy section) was about a five minute drive in the opposite direction from Georgetown.

We also really enjoyed watching the cruise ships anchor in front of the property. Don't worry - the cruise passengers and ships won't bother you at all. We even went shopping one afternoon when three cruise ships were there and although it was busy, it was lots of fun!

Back to the property, the pool is small but just right to relax in. You just can't beat it when the sliding door to your unit is 10 feet from the pool and 30 feet from the beach! Each unit also has a table and two chairs right outside their door. Finally, on Tuesday night, Harry throws a BBQ for all his guests. It's a potluck and Harry makes the best jerk Chicken and rice with beans. Our family had the best vacation here! We can't wait to return!

Thanks Harry for making our family feel so welcome!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
#3 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,717 reviews

Been to Coral Sands Resort? Share your experiences!