“Loved Treasure Island”
Review of Sunset Cove

Sunset Cove
Reviewed 19 March 2008

We just returned from four days at Treasure Island and 6 days at the Grandview next door. We enjoyed both condos tremendously. We were traveling with small children and found Treasure Island to be a very child and family friendly place to stay. We had a ground-floor ocean front condo and really loved the proximity to the beach.
The Treasure Island pool is large and beautiful, with a swim-up bar (one of only two on Grand Cayman) and the only kiddie pool on seven-mile beach (according to another vacationer who is a regular visitor to Grand Cayman.)

The beach was wide and quiet, without a lot of foot traffic and plenty of space to spread out. Some of the resorts farther up along the beach were quite crowded with pedestrian foot traffic from the cruise ships and also the beach chairs were really jammed together (especially in front of the Marriott). While the entrance to the water was a bit rocky, and not the best for small children, my kids were perfectly happy swimming in the kiddie pool instead of the ocean, and the upside was that the snorkeling off the beach was wonderful.

My husband and I are avid snorkelers, and we loved the snorkeling right off the beach, and the fact that a great reef was located within an easy swim out from the beach.

We also liked the fact that Treasure Island has a nice beach bar, with decent food, and a small mini-mart convenience store on site.

It is located within walking distance of a good supermarket and a number of restaurants - the location was very convenient. Georgetown was also within walking distance (but very quiet at night).

The condos were clean and well-kept, and Debbie in the office was very helpful.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank vacati0nwithKids
There are newer reviews for Sunset Cove

Reviewed 15 March 2008

My husband and I and our four children stayed in an oceanfront, three bedroom. It was beautiful and had a huge terrace. The location is great and you can walk to everything. Debi, the on site manager, is top notch. She is very friendly and accomodating. She had great recommendations for us (esp. Dexter's stingray trip), she arranged the housekeeper to come later in the day to accomodate my son's nap time, and she let my husband use her computer to check his email. The housekeeping people were also very friendly and kept our unit spotless. The kids loved the pools and the swim up snack bar.
The restaurant at the resort, Bed, was ok but not partcularly child friendly but there were many good restaurants nearby. All in all, it was one of our best vacations, we will definately be going back.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2008

We stayed for 4 nights at the Treasure Island Condos in Dec 2007!
Booking via phone was convenient and Judy (I thiiiiink her name was Judy... :o) was very nice.
Usually I do a lot of research about the destination I am going to but since I was really busy the weeks before I arrived kind of unprepared: no problem at all because once again Judy provided us the information about where to rent a car, where to eat and what to see.

We were lucky and got Suite 101 on the ground floor.
The design of the place was lovely and of course it was very clean. We were just 3 people but even with an occupancy of 6 you have plenty of space. I'm from NYC and used to tiny Hotel rooms... TI Condos was overwhelmingly spacious.
The kitchen was incredibly well equipted, every morning we had a great breakfast on our "own" terrace. There is a mixer for cocktails, a toaster, microwave, oven.... tons of tools. We always ate out, but the Caymans are expensive so when I return I probably will start to cook a couple of times.

The beach is great, right in front of the place you can go snorkling and see a lot of small, colorfull fish. There is also a reef a little bit further out where you get to see bigger fish. (I never snorkeled before and was pretty surprised when seeing a 3 foot long fish;)
If you make a left and walk for about 5 Minutes the beach gets more sandy, probably better for swimming with small children.

Overall we had a great vacation, there was nothing negative at all.
We are planing on returning this year.

Our pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nyc2005/sets/72157603366170669/

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank tubapower
Reviewed 13 February 2008

My family and I recently stayed at the Treasure Island Condos in an ocean front condo. We absolutely loved the Caymans and Treasure Island was a wonderful and economic place to stay. Every night we would have cocktails and watch the sun set on the beautiful West Bay. Treasure island was a lovely place to stay with several very kid friendly swimming pools and an on site tavern called "Billy Bones" of all things. The only improvement I can think of would be if the condo complex allowed dogs and we could bring the family pet, Gizmo, along with us. I highly recommend Treasure Island and the Cayman Islands as a wonderful place to stay.

3  Thank senacomhill
Reviewed 29 November 2007

Treasure Island was a great place to stay. The condo was clean and well kept. It was very convenient to have the amenities of home like a washer and dryer to clean up the clothes/towels from the fun of the day. The pool and beach were fabulous. Rent some snorkeling gear and go out to the reef a few feet from the beach. The pool bar drinks and bartenders (specifcally Toby)were so awesome (the food is pretty good too).
we would go back

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank hokiesfan
Reviewed 21 October 2007

After much deliberation I opted for a condo, TI was great. The room, 111, was very well appointed, clean, fully equipped for a very comfortable stay. The pool was wonderful, right outside the room. Bartender was great, a mix of locals and condo guests made it more interesting. The beach true was rocky but with water shoes I found it no problem to get in the water. It is off the beat and path of SMB, so it was quite and relaxing. You are central and close to everything. I loved TI and would not hesitate to go back. Condos in my humble opinion are definitely the way to go on Grand Cayman.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple