Our trip from the airport included a drop off at the Marriott directly before our drop off. I thought I was going to throw up when we pulled into the "complex". It was like the slums of paradise. Walked into the office to get our keys, and it was not what we expected either. Staff was friendly, and very efficient, just not what we are used to when traveling. We were in Unit 109, and the overall location compared to some others is good, but that is about the only redeeming factor in that unit. The entire unit is in need of an overhaul and TLC. The "master bath" is in desperate need for a makeover. One night, a cabinet door came off its hinges when I opened it. New bedding all around is really needed. When walking away from the complex, you are forced to walk through "Treasure Island Resort". It may have been a treasure 20 years ago, but it is extra creepy now. I can't imagine what those rooms look like. Serious slum feeling, no matter which directions you take, which did make Sunset Cove look nicer....
Beach area was fabulous, especially as you walk the beach toward George Town. Some condos have zero beach area, so what Sunset Cove has done to create the cove is fabulous. We have traveled the Caribbean for 10 years, and this place has taken the lead in the least desirable accommodations to date. I am shocked that so many travelers rated this area so highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Cove resort offers 1, 2 & 3 bedroom, 2 bath vacation rental condos on the Southern end of Seven Mile Beach conveniently located to George Town, restaurants, duty-free shopping, nightlife, and water sports. Amenities include the largest swimming pool on Seven Mile Beach with a swim-up snack and cocktail bar, whirlpool, and a separate shallow wading pool for small children. Sunset Cove guests can enjoy both a sandy beach with a protected swimming cove as well as a terrific snorkel reef just outside the cove. Take in beautiful Cayman sunsets from the beach, too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Sunset Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Condominiums Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunset Cove Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands