We recently came back from a 5 night stay at the Treasure Island Condos, in Grand Cayman. This was our second visit to the Island and first time staying at Treasure Island Condo. Honestly, our condo, 109, was okay, not awesome, not great, but okay. You could tell the construction was shabb - the bathrooms especially needed to be updated. The pictures on the website make the condo seen much more luxurious then it really was. At least that was our impression, and we're not really upty type of people.
Another issue we had was the beach was very rocky (see pictures). We ended up walking down the beach in front of other hotels/condos where the sand is much smoother and you can actualy get into the water without any gear.
That being said, the things we liked - the pool is very nice and the bar had decent food and drinks. Sunsets were awesome! We had no problems checking in or out and the overall location of the condos is pretty convenient.
In some reviews I read people complaining about the locals living at Tr.easure Island Resort. We had no issues. They were pretty friendly actualy. We have a 10 month baby and felt totally safe day and night. There wasn't any loud music or crazy partyin going on. There are even some local famailes that live there.
Overall the place wasn't bad, but not exactly what we were looking for when we got there. The price is very reasonable though. Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Cove resort offers 1, 2 & 3 bedroom, 2 bath vacation rental condos on the Southern end of Seven Mile Beach conveniently located to George Town, restaurants, duty-free shopping, nightlife, and water sports. Amenities include the largest swimming pool on Seven Mile Beach with a swim-up snack and cocktail bar, whirlpool, and a separate shallow wading pool for small children. Sunset Cove guests can enjoy both a sandy beach with a protected swimming cove as well as a terrific snorkel reef just outside the cove. Take in beautiful Cayman sunsets from the beach, too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Condominiums Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunset Cove Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands