“An hour wait for food”

Yr Eagles Llanuwchllyn
Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family run village pub and a shop for your essentials home cooked food locally sourced with a warm welcome to all
Shropshire
“An hour wait for food”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We booked a table for two on Saturday evening for 8pm as were told it was very busy being the only pub in the small village. When we arrived at 7.40 pm it was rammed with people and very busy. The table we were having was right by the bar and in the way of people getting drinks so as it was a special birthday meal we asked for a quieter table. There was one free by a window and away from the bar would have been great and it was empty. The staff said it was reserved. I asked if they could swop but they wouldn’t. They suggested we go into the “back room”. This room was also rammed with a football team who were rowdy and loud and the room was not that nice. We decided to take the table by the bar. We ordered at 8.05 pm, a vegetarian leak and pasta meal and at 8.40pm asked if we had been forgotten as no meal arrived. They checked and said we were second to next. The meal finally arrived at 9pm. I think an hour’s wait is too long and no one came to us to let us know while we waited. The meal was very nice though and we enjoyed it but we were very hungry by then. My husband had a dessert which were huge and also very nice. The staff were very polite but very busy. My suggestion would be to book earlier if a sat night and if you want a quiet meal ask to be put in the part of the restaurant that is on a slightly higher level due to a step leading up to it. Having read the reviews we were expecting a better night. In saying this we did like the fact that this establishment did charge less for vegetarian meals than the other meals on the menu which was a refreshing change.

2 Thank gayleharp43

“Lovely food that is well cooked”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have just returned from a lovely break in Bala and this was the pick of the places that we ate at.
The menu has enough to cater for all tastes, the food is well cooked and is served on hot plates (which for me should be a pre-requisite apart from children’s meals).
In a party of 5 we had the Scampi, Salmon, Chicken in White Wine and Mushroom, Lasagne and the Hot Chicken Salad and we all thought the food was lovely.
It is in a nice location and I quite like the atmosphere in there, the staff are very friendly and helpful also.

1 Thank AndyHod
Shardlow, null, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Salad”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We took the recommendation of one of the locals and dined here one evening during our 4 day stay in the area. Mixed review really, my wife had the Hake off the Specials menu and it was superb, she really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I had the Ham Salad which was disappointing to say the least. It consisted of 2 thinly sliced pieces of Ham, a curved lettuce leaf in the shape of a bowl in which was place a tomato, a few pieces of chopped celery and a spoonful of coleslaw and one or two other bits and bobs. If you are on a diet or not too hungry, this should be ok for you, but at £9 I thought it was somewhat steep for what you received. On a positive note, the meals being served around us looked lovely, its a lovely pub in a beautiful location. I would recommend it for a meal but perhaps give the salad a miss.

Visited July 2014
Garforth, United Kingdom
“Tired and lacking in atmosphere - Good Food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We ate here on Sunday evening on a short break for our wedding anniversary.

This is definately a pub and not a restaurant, we definately felt overdressed, dress down is definitely the code for this pub.

On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff, we werent shown to our table however just handed menu's and pointed to our table.

I ordered Chicken breast with cheese wrapped in bacon in a BBQ sauce and Hubby ordered liver pate for starter and a homemade beef burger with chips.

The portion sizes were generous and warm and served in good timescales and the food in general was pretty good.

The dinig room itself was so quiet no background music with only about 3 other tables seated, the atmosphere was non exsistent. The decor was boring and drab and looked like something out of the dark ages with plastic flowers everywhere and some kind of weird teddy bears picnic in the main window, flowery curtains, pink and grey carpet??

This in my opinion would probably appeal more to the older generation, however I would not recommend from my experience.

2 Thank CCockrem1
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
“Best in the area”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have been in this pub before when its been quiet and not been as impressed but this week was an excellent meal, great cask beer.....although a little too chilled for my liking !.......polite and smiley service. I have eaten in several of the pubs in the area of Bala and surrounding villages and this is one of the best. The high street pubs in Bala could learn a few things from this quality of catering.
well done