“Home...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Pirates Point Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I'm a non- diver ( for medical reasons, would love to, but can't) I've been going to PPR for the past 14 years or so just to get away from the real world, to rest, read, snorkel, bike, see old friends, make new ones, eat. Did I say eat?? Best food ever. Ever. To die for....

Why do I keep going back, my friends ask. I have always felt at home. A peace comes over me the minute I step off the plane. Breakfast is always waiting. The staff are friendlier than you'll find most anywhere else. Gladys is a class act and makes all feel welcome, whether you dive or not.

No, there's no mall, no nightclubs, no feeding the fish. There are the beautiful sunrises.. I've never missed one, a night sky that takes your breath away, sunsets over the point, the sounds of palm trees and waves to lull you to sleep..

Ecology. this island is trying so hard to resist development to protect iguanas, natural plants, booby birds, and migrating bird habitats.

If you want peace and beauty, come to my home away from the real world.You'll leave feeling like you've never felt before. In tune with yourself and nature.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank rjwal11

Reviewed 18 March 2011

I highly recommend this little BnB, particularly if you are a diver. This was our 2nd time here and it has only gotten better. The diving is wonderful (according to my husband - I had a cold and couldn't dive), and the food is truly 5 star gourmet. We had an ocean front room and listened to the waves on the shore while falling asleep. This place is geared to divers, built for divers, and provide a high level of service to divers. If you are NOT a diver, bring a good book and enjoy the relaxation this lovely resort provides. This is not a place for spa treatments, organized activities, etc. If someone is not diving, you must be able to entertain yourself. I found this really easy, between reading and watching the lovely waves. And then there's the food - did I mention that? The food is to die for. Jeff and Diane do the most amazing job of feeding us. Gourmet, 5 star food for every single meal. I LOVE this place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I stayed at the PPR for 1 week from Dec. 26th 2010, all-inclusive diving package.
The food was awesome, the staff was friendly and careful and the diving was great, all of that in a family atmosphere! Unfortunately I couldn't dive at the famous bloody bay wall due to weather conditions, still the diving experience was great!
I highly recommend and I am willing to visit the resort again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank sunglim
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Pirates Point is a quiet, relaxing small resort. They have a top notch staff, that runs everything from diving to dinning. The food is excellent and the island offers some of the best diving in the Caribbean.

2  Thank Billy810
Reviewed 24 February 2011

This was our 7th trip to Pirates Point. Each time we were treated like family. The diving and food are outstanding. The staff has remained stable over the years with few changes. The resort has an intimate atmosphere with only 10 rooms. Even at full capacity, it is never crowded. The divemasters are experienced and knowledgeable. Once they see that you know what you are doing, they let you dive at your own pace and do your own thing. They will talk to you if you do something they don't like, but they do it professionally and privately. They have the most professional and personable staff I have ever seen. These are genuinely nice people who would be welcome in my home. They certainly make me feel welcome in theirs!

2  Thank clc3251
Reviewed 12 February 2011

We don't usually stay in one place when on vacation. It's always see as much as we can. But by the second day we were wishing we could stay an additional week. Everyone was topnotch from the diving staff to the food staff. They all act like and work together like a big family. They've got fantastic people and it shows.

We both would like to thank Gay for all her help in getting our diving skills up to par. She really did a great job in assisting us in gaining confidence in our diving skills. We usually only dive once a year or year and a half so we felt a bit rusty but thanks to Gay we will be diving more often. Of course nothing will compare to Bloody Bay Wall! We saw everything from turtles to rays, eels, and even Caribbean reef sharks not to mention a hammerhaed shark.

Also thanks to Jeff and Dianne for the wonderful food. Every single meal was excellent. And a great variety of food! It was some of the best food we've had while on vacation. We especially enjoyed sushi night at Gladys' home. Can't beat great sushi, great champagne, and great company.

Also did some tarpon fishing with Mike who is a fantastic guide not to mention divemaster. Yes they all do everything. There is nothing like catching 8-10 lb tarpon on light fishing gear.

We had a beach front bungalow. While it is true there are no glass windows, just screens and shutters, we never felt a lack of privacy. And nothing beats being lulled to sleep by the surf every night.

We don't really understand a few of the reviews as everyone was friendly and eager to help. They even let me raid the kitchen after tarpon fishing, since we were gone during the regular breakfast sitting.

I now understand why they have so many repeat customers. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gdstech
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We've been to Pirates Point on Little Cayman at least 4 times. We always feel we get a good value for our money. It's quiet, relaxing, great diving, great food and great people. I recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet place to stay and dive. We'll go again.

2  Thank WaltSchneider
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Pirates Point Resort? Share your experiences!