My husband and I visited Little Cayman for the first time June 25-July 2, 2011 for a dive vacation and rented a villa at Paradise Villas, which was just ideal. Directly beside the "airport," the location was very also convenient to the grocery store. We enjoyed having a kitchenette in our room since food is super expensive; we were able to make breakfasts and some lunches in our villa.
However, the convenient location does not sacrifice privacy. We enjoyed using our large deck everyday, and probably spent more time out there than in the room. The guests in our shared building left early in our trip so we had the space to ourselves.
Inside, the villas are spacious and kept very clean by the housekeeping staff. I really appreciated the Ipod docking station alarm clock- nice touch!
The hammocks outback, overlooking the ocean were the perfect place to relax after a busy morning of diving. The breeze over the water and the shade of the palms made this the most relaxing spot on the island in my opinion. The pool was not used much while we were there, but is large enough for a refreshing dip, although there is little shade around the sitting area.
We ate several meals at the Hungry Iguana, the restaurant on-site. The service was always impeccable and the food was tasty. The prices are a bit high, but in line with other island destinations in which every single item must be shipped in. We enjoyed sharing the outdoor dining area with the resident iguana, Janet. Cocktails here seemed to skimp a bit on the liquor. During the week the restaurant was pretty quiet but got pretty busy on the weekends.
The staff was out-of-site but quick to respond to any request or question. Sabine and Marc made the ideal hosts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our twelve oceanfront villas are located a mere 50 feet from the Sea. They each feature a large front and back porch, air conditioning, and a kitchenette equipped with a coffee maker, toaster, microwave oven, refrigerator/freezer, as well as necessary kitchen dishes and utensils. Our "Hungry Iguana" Restaurant & Bar serves lunch & dinner with daily specials and special requests! So if small, quiet & private appeals to you....contact us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Paradise Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Villas Hotel Little Cayman
- Paradise Villas Little Cayman, Cayman Islands