“Perfection!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Raleigh, NC
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My husband and I visited Little Cayman for the first time June 25-July 2, 2011 for a dive vacation and rented a villa at Paradise Villas, which was just ideal. Directly beside the "airport," the location was very also convenient to the grocery store. We enjoyed having a kitchenette in our room since food is super expensive; we were able to make breakfasts and some lunches in our villa.
However, the convenient location does not sacrifice privacy. We enjoyed using our large deck everyday, and probably spent more time out there than in the room. The guests in our shared building left early in our trip so we had the space to ourselves.
Inside, the villas are spacious and kept very clean by the housekeeping staff. I really appreciated the Ipod docking station alarm clock- nice touch!
The hammocks outback, overlooking the ocean were the perfect place to relax after a busy morning of diving. The breeze over the water and the shade of the palms made this the most relaxing spot on the island in my opinion. The pool was not used much while we were there, but is large enough for a refreshing dip, although there is little shade around the sitting area.
We ate several meals at the Hungry Iguana, the restaurant on-site. The service was always impeccable and the food was tasty. The prices are a bit high, but in line with other island destinations in which every single item must be shipped in. We enjoyed sharing the outdoor dining area with the resident iguana, Janet. Cocktails here seemed to skimp a bit on the liquor. During the week the restaurant was pretty quiet but got pretty busy on the weekends.
The staff was out-of-site but quick to respond to any request or question. Sabine and Marc made the ideal hosts.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any dive package specials!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Vernon, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We just spent a week at Paradise Villas and everything was just like it was advertised. Quaint, clean, and relaxing. Diving with Conch Club divers is about the best it gets. They go out of there way to be sure you have the best experience possible. You will be hard to find diving that is as good as LIttle Cayman that is as easy and relaxing.

3 Thank grateful_edi
NYC
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The purpose of the trip was to dive Little Cayman. I was prepared to put up with some very basic accommodation to do it. What a wonderful surprise to find that Paradise Villas was much more than I expected. It was great having a kitchenette so we could have a quick breakfast on the back porch overlooking the ocean before our daily pick up from the front porch for a day of diving. Conch Club Divers may be the best dive operation I've ever dealt with. Ann in particular is so enthusiastic and knows so much. We've made hundreds of dives over 30 years and it was wonderful to find someone who shares our passion and wants to share what she knows. Overall it was a fabulous time. Fair warning. It is a quiet island and the beach at Paradise Villas is largely iron shore. If you want a bar scene, loud music and lots of shopping this is not your island. Nightlife here is watching the hermit crabs or maybe a hockey game on TV at the Hungry Iguana. But for spectacular diving and friendly warm people both at Conch Club and at Paradise Villas you can't do better.

1 Thank OrionNYC
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My husband and I are repeat visitors to Paradise Villas and we plan to be back again next year. Marc, Sabine and the entire staff, along with the crew at the Hungry Iguana, have been tremendously welcoming and accommodating. I visit for pure relaxation, snorkeling and walking the beaches; my husband is a diver and has very much enjoyed diving with Conch Club divers. He thinks diving in Little Cayman is the best anywhere. The new bikes this year were great as was the free WiFi. We love Little Cayman and we love PV!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patmct
Fort Collins
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I contacted Rebecca Koss in Duluth, Minnesota, who is the booking agent for Paradise Villas to reserve a villa for the first two weeks in April, 2011. Rebecca was very helpful and answered all my questions. I thought she seemed too happy for someone living in my home state where there were still several inches of snow on the ground and more in the forecast. "I'll be at Paradise Villas three days after you get there," she told me. Okay, I guess that explained her great mood and after staying there, I totally get why she was so looking forward to going. My wife and I loved this place!

I was a bit concerned that my wife, who is not a scuba diver, would have enough to do to keep herself occupied while I was out diving with Conch Club Divers every morning for two weeks. And for those of you who are looking for power shopping, lots of restaurant choices, high-energy nightclubs, entertainment venues, and/or luxury accommodations, I would highly recommend you look elsewhere. This island is all about down time, relaxation, and some of the best scuba diving I've done in the last ten years. My wife who manages a human resources department for a large hospital system just made up her mind that it was okay to do nothing for a while and she said it was one of the best vacations she's had in a long time. Completely stress-free.

Paradise Villas is like visiting family...with an aunt Michelle who comes by your room every day and cleans it like you wouldn't believe. Marc and Sabine will do as much or as little as you want them to. The ocean's only a few steps from the covered back porch and there are lots of hammocks under the shady seagrape trees. The shore is rocky directly behind the six duplex villas but there's a small beach just to the east of the resort and the snorkeling is quite good out to the barrier reef. You do have to keep an eye out for the local island folks who occasionally launch their small boats from the government dock at the other end of the beach area. The small airport and Blossom Village which has a post office, small grocery store, and liquor store are just steps from the villas. With the fat tire cruiser bikes available at the villas, the entire west end of the island is within a few minutes bike ride. If you want to visit Point of Sand, the best beach area on the island which is located at the east end (roughly 11 miles), you should rent a car or a scooter. Bruce, the owner of Scoot'n Scooters will bring one to you and pick it up later. You'll have to get a Cayman driver's license, drive on the left side of the road, and remember that iguanas have the right of way (very important!)

Other reviewers have mentioned how expensive groceries and other supplies are on Little Cayman so be prepared for sticker shock and bring as many speciality items as you can cram into your suitcase. I get one package of Oreo cookies per vacation and it cost me $10 US. We stocked up on breakfast and lunch items for our kitchenette at the little store. They have a pretty good selection and if you want to comparison shop there's a second store across the island on the north side within biking distance. We ate most evening meals at the Hungry Iguana Restaurant, just steps from our villa, and the food was quite good (but not great) with an adequate selection and portions that were usually large enough that we could take half the meal back to the villa and microwave it the following evening. Be sure to visit McCoy's on Thursday nights for some of the best conch chowder I've ever tasted, and on Saturday nights for delicious chicken and rib barbeque with sides, washed down with a Red Stripe beer for about $25 US. If you call Maxine, she'll come by and pick you up in her little van.

I agree with other reviewers that Conch Club Divers is among the best. I'm a divemaster and have been diving since 1976 so I've been in the water with a lot of professional dive folks. Bill runs a great boat and Ann Walther and Matt Spaulding are a joy to dive with. Because of the volcanic nature of the island, rain has little effect on the visiability which was incredible...nearly 200 feet horizontally. The hard and soft corals are still in excellent condition, an eight year moritorium on grouper fishing in the preserve areas has resulted in groupers that come to you to be petted, and Caribbean reef sharks were spotted cruising the wall on nearly every dive. Turtles and all the usual reef fish were present in abundance and even hard to spot critters like seahorses, scorpionfish, and a Spanish lobster ended up in my photo collection. Little Cayman may truly be one of the last island paradises left in the Caribbean! The greatest problem today is the proliferation of the non-native and highly invasive lionfish that threaten to destroy many of the native species. In an effort to control the situation, the divemasters get together one afternoon a week and spear as many lionfish as they can. Pirate's Point offers delicious lionfish shushi the next evening.

We'd like to thank everyone associated with Paradise Villas and Conch Club Divers for making our vacation so wonderful. We hope to return soon. Eric and Lupe...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fiberdude
IOW, UK
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Emma ,Mark and Sabine all made sure that we had a great time, even though the venue and accomodation would have guaranteed that anyway. We were delighted with the ambience of the place. Its the ultimate venue both to relax and chill and also to do healthy things like snorkelling, diving, bicycling and drinking rum!
Everyone on the island was really friendly, but certainly the staff at Paradise Villas had adopted the motto,'the answers yes, now what's the question?' We loved the whole experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davmag79
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Within a 2 week vacation to Grand Cayman, my husband and I spent a long weekend on Little Cayman at Paradise Villas. Emma was very welcoming, handling bike rentals and answering our myriad questions. The location is gorgeous, airport is tiny and you have no noise to worry about. The villa is spacious, kitchen equipped for breakfast/lunch prep, everything spotless, housekeeping services beyond expectations.

We decided to do a resort course dive. Emma arranged all the details with Conch Club Divers. Matt was a patient and careful instructor. He was someone I instantly trusted and who appropriately guided me through my fears. We had 2 great dives and saw some incredible animals -- beautiful fish, corals, and a sea turtle!

Don't forget to indulge in all the wildlife above the sea: native endangered iguanas (please don't feed them!) and loads of birds you will not see elsewhere. The Cayman Trust building has good observation decks (and delicious ice cream for sale!) as do many other ponds. Hermit/soldiet crabs are right at your feet. If you have study shoes, meander out and peak in the tide pools; lots to see there as well.

My husband and I loved the quiet of Little Cayman -- and the incredible starts at night! Paradise Villas is a great place to enjoy Little Cayman and all it has to offer.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Paradise Villas? Share your experiences!