“Peace and quiet”
Review of Paradise Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Paradise Villas
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Reviewed 19 April 2008

After three busy days in Grand Cayman, my husband and I flew to Little Cayman for five days of R&R. It was wonderful! Our villa was clean, private, and right on the beach. There was a king sized bed (which was a little too firm for us), a kitchenette and sofa, tv, etc. Our back deck looked out on palm trees, hammocks, and the sea. Paradise Villas is a quiet spot - our neighbours were friendly but respected privacy - we got a nice wave when we saw anyone. We borrowed books from the office 'library' and used the hotel's Scrabble game a few times. We were given two cruiser bikes to use on the island, which were perfect for getting around the tiny village, and from one beach to another. We biked to the other side of the island in about 15 minutes for some great snorkeling. Wherever we went, we were the only people on the beach. The restaurant (Hungry Iguana) was very good as well.
Paradise Villas was a great value. We will definitely go back some day -- and maybe we'll bring the kids next time!

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank cheerybCalifornia

Reviewed 31 March 2008

For value, the Paradise Villas are hard to beat. It is located just a few hundred yards from the airport, if that's what you want to call it. It's more like a paved landing strip. The rooms are nice little cottage duplexes, with a small kitchen, living area, bedroom, bath and outside decks. They are located on a sandy beach and if that's not enough, there's also a pool. If you're in the mood for a meal, the Hungry Iguana restaurant is right next door. Since the island is so small, most of getting around is done by bicycles provided by the the hotels and resorts.

This has got to be one of the friendliest islands I've ever been to. Everyone knows everyone and they all make you feel welcome. If you are looking to get away from it all, and I do mean that literally, this is the place to do it. There can't be more than 500 people on the whole island. Diving, fishing, and rest are the main attractions. If you're looking for much more than that, then you'd be out of luck.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank Del_Perro
Reviewed 17 March 2008

If you are looking for a place you can go and sign off from the real world if you want to, Little Cayman is where you need to be. Staying at Paradise villas is amazing. Marc, Sabine, and Mattieu make you feel at home first step you take out of the plane. I flet like we were at a private airport with the way Marc pulls right up to pick you up. You wake up to an ocean view. Then get picked up by Bill, Ann or Tim, from Conch Club Divers to go dive a few unbeleivable dives. After diving go back to the villas and maybe lie in the hammock for a little nap. Can it get much better than that if you are looking to relax and not be in the normal resort atmosphere. Living outside of Aspen my girlfriend and I are looking to get away from that type of atmosphere and Little Cayman and Paradise Villas is where to head. The island is as close to you can get to a deserted island, and its great. Go for a bike ride to the north side for some snorkeling in the afternoon if you choose to instead of the afternoon dive. All around Paradise villas is a good place to be to relax and have a real vacation.

We've been there twice in a year, and we will definetly be going back!!!

Brody Hall
Snowmass Village, CO

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bhall687
Reviewed 16 March 2008

It's been 6 weeks back in the grind since my wife and I enjoyed a week stay at Paradise Villas. We booked our trip after researching new dive destinatons. We try to spend a week in a warm sunny location every year. I was getting tired of the All-inclusive atmosphere. The reviews that we read here at trip advisor solidified our decision on Paradise Villas.

The reviews that I read when booking and the reviews that are recently posted are so accurate and true. Many of them are also so well written that I don't have a lot more to add.

From the greeting on arrival to the smiles and goodbyes on departing, this vacation was perfect. Peaceful, beautiful, clean and relaxing. Paradse Villas has the feel of your own private condo and beach, and not the beach/pool party we have chosen in the past.

Meals and atmoshpere at the Hungry Iguana were great. The chef was happy to share some cooking recipes when I inquired. It was a also a fun venue for the Super Bowl.

We came for the scuba diving and it did not dissapoint. it was excellent and......we will be back. Conch Dvers did a great job. Ann and Dave were friendly, and professional. Such good dive briefings, that my wife and I often navigated our own dives (a first after diving 7 years). We will definitely choose Conch Divers as well as Paradise Villas next trip to Little Cayman.

The Crows Mukilteo,WA

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DivingDentalDude
Reviewed 15 February 2008

Having just returned from our first visit to Little Cayman and Paradise Villas,my wife and I are stll marvelling at finally having found that island scene which we had always imagined might exist somewhere (other than the many places we had already visited).Serene/soothing/sea-breezes/starlit nights--it is all really there in spades!Our hosts and everyone else on "Little" were exceptionally friendly and welcoming.No one locks doors or possessions -no kidding.Bikes are as common as cars on the very quiet roads.Our villa was sparkling clean and comfortable.The food at the Hungry Iguana(about 100 feet from our front door) was excellent and the atmosphere was right out of a Jimmy Buffett song.And the fly-fishing was great-lots of bonefish and tarpon.In a nutshell,PARADISE FOUND!!
Hockeynews

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2008

My wife and I just returned from our 4th trip to Paradise Villas. We all live in a very hectic, fast-paced society and vacationing on Little Cayman Island, especially Paradise Villas, gives you an opportunity to slow things down a bit and appreciate the simpler things in life.
Paradise Villas are managed by Marc and Sabine, two very friendly hosts who are there to help you while you stay, but give you all the "space" you need to enjoy your vacation. No time schedules for tours or meals - everything is done at your pace. The only time you will be put on a schedule is when diving.
I am a newly certified diver and I would recommend Little Cayman scuba diving to anyone. The sea life you see while diving is truly amazing. Paradise Villas uses Conch Club Divers as their dive operation. They are truly a top-notch, professional operation. They will try to accomodate all their divers needs, whether a novice such as me, or the most experienced divers, giving you the freedom to experience the dive as you see fit, while keeping everyone's safety in mind. Bill, Ann and Tim are wonderful people and love to dive as much as you! I received my certification while on island, with Ann as my dive instructor. She did a truly wonderful job.
The villas themselves are simple, yet comfortable and relaxing accomodations. They are always clean and have a hard-working and thorough staff. For those of you that want to "get away from it all", there are no telephones in your rooms. If you need to make an emergency phone call, you can use the phone at the office. If you choose to not eat in any of the restaurants on the island, there is a kitchenette in your room to prepare simple meals. The store on the island is a very short distance from Paradise Villas - within walking distance. There are BBQ grills you can borrow if you feel like grilling something. The back porch looks over the beach, about 100 feet away, and is an excellent place to sit and enjoy your favorite beverage. There are hammocks between the villas and the beach, an excellent place to nap, read a book, or just lay and listen to the waves wash up on shore.
Paradise Villas has their own bar and restaurant on site, The Hungry Iguana. The food there is excellent, and can be eaten inside (out of sun and hot weather) or on the deck over-looking the sea. The staff at the Hungry Iguana is very friendly and loves to hear about your life away from the island. They have two large screen TV's, so if you NEED to keep in touch with your favorite team there is usually a game on of some sort.
Every villa has a couple of bikes on the porch which guests are free to use. This allows you to take a ride around the island and experience the wildlife "inland". You will see many creatures on your bike ride, anything from iguanas and crabs, to birds such as the Boobies and Frigates......yes, Boobies. You can take a short ride by the Booby Pond and see many types of birds nesting there. The bicycles are an excellent way to visit other resort, go shopping, or enjoy another restaurant or bar on the island. If the bikes seem like too much work on a hot day, there are vehicles for rent at the store next to Paradise Villas.
While your vacation allows you to escape from the "madness", there are ways to stay in touch with society, such as wireless internet from your front porch, cell phones for rent from the store next door, or emergency phone calls from the office.

I have never been on a more relaxing vacation and I owe it all to the staff at Paradise Villas and Conch Club Divers. Paradise Villas are truly Paradise.

Regards,

Frozen in Minnesota

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank DuluthDiver
Reviewed 7 February 2008

Paradise Villas is the embodiment of Little Cayman. Unpretentious, comfort ability; like your favorite t-shirt. Expect hammocks rocking in the shade, warm flowing breezes, creaking porch swings and ocean waves lapping rocks 50 feet from your door. My wife and I just returned after spending 10 days at this awesome island jewel.
Our villa accommodations were impeccably cared for; cleaned every day to a standard that would make a Drill Sergeant proud. The King size bed and abundance of soft pillows would make any Westin Hotel green with envy. Breakfast is tough to find on the island, but ask Mark or Sabine (the ingratiating Management team) and they will give you a hot plate with utensils, permitting you to cook up your own fare in your own kitchen efficiency. We ate most of our lunch and dinners at the Hungry Iguana (the resort restaurant/bar). The food is expensive but given the islands encumbered proximity, I believe the cost are justifiably reasonable. The meals at the Hungry Iguana were exceptional. The menu gives you a wide variety to choose from and there were always multiple specials, different every night. Don’t miss Saturday night PIZZA NIGHT….awesome pizza!
The staff at the Hungary Iguana never left us wanting. The pleasantly reserved Manager, Patrick, will be giving you heartfelt smiles and attending to your every need. The beautiful Janeth, the consummate professional behind the bar, never keeps you waiting. The bar could be full but she took care like we were her only customer.
We took advantage of a Diving Resort Course with Reef Divers at Little Cayman Beach Resort. The staff was pleasant, knowledgeable, attentive and caring. Our dive master, Alex, was extremely patient with these two neophyte divers. The entire staff did a fabulous job making us feel welcome.
I would suggest you bring along what provisions you can (coffee, sugar, snacks, et.) because the foods at the Mart are expensive. For your Beer/Alcohol needs, call Village Liquors. They are considerably less expensive than at the Mart. AND THEY DELIVER!
If you expect to be indulged as a pampered Prince or Princess with rose petals floating in your Italian marbled tub….this is not your kind of place. If you’re a sensible sort with an appreciation for friendly people, quiet solitude and natural island beauty, Paradise Villas will be your heaven on earth.

2  Thank VARedskins
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Paradise Villas? Share your experiences!