“Better than I expected!”
Review of Paradise Villas

Paradise Villas
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Better than I expected!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've learned to take these TA reviews with a grain of salt. So when I saw all the 5 star reviews for this place, I thought OK, I'll book it, but how great can it be, really.
REALLY. It's great. The owners and staff are all really cool and make you feel as if you're staying at a second home rather than a hotel. The villa was perfect for us. So clean, so much space, huge balcony, and a perfectly equiped kitchen to whip up breakfasts and lunches (and to keep your beer cold!)
We almost stayed at Little Cayman Beach Resort but thought their forced meal plan seemed a bit much -- plus who wants to eat 3 meals a day in the same place? Good decision. When we cruised by our place on the dive boat from LCBR the other divers were all jealous.

The diving was spectacular; Bloody Bay Wall was the best I've seen in the Caribbean (and let's just say I don't think much of Caribbean diving -- yes, I'm one of those snobs who only wants to go to Asia).
I was duly impressed and we will be going back. And for sure we will stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This was my third stay at Paradise Villas. Fabulous place, no need to repeat what's already been said in previous reviews, but I did want to share the following experience:

Towards the end of the stay, my dive buddy began experiencing vertigo early one morning. The Paradise Villas staff immediately set up an appointment at the nearby clinic, transported us back and forth, and generally went above and beyond to ensure our safety, well-being and convenience. It was very much appreciated!

I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone considering a visit to Little Cayman, particularly impressive because the majority of other guests are "repeat" customers who have been vacationing at Paradise Villas for many, many years.

What a gem; I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jschur11
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a remarkable quiet week in mid-July 2013. The management and staff did their best to ensure our stay was a success. The unit we rented was very clean and met all of our needs. We managed to prepare some exceptional meals in our kitchen and appreciated using the shared outdoor grill. The Hungry Iguana also offered us a good selection of meal options as well as a most interesting "bar" to relax at. The pool area was nice and offered plenty of ocean view to enjoy. Our scuba experience with Conch Divers was outstanding with exceptional service. The boat and staff were first class and the dive leaders worked very hard to ensure everyone's needs were met. Little Cayman does offer some of the best wall dives you will experience. I would highly recommend a visit to anyone.

Room Tip: All suites are single level and ocean front; you cannot go wrong here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank K K
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We try to make Paradise Villas an annual visit for us. The villas are clean, quaint and wonderfully furnished for comfort and enjoyment of the beautiful view. The ocean is just steps away and puts us to sleep each night. The Hungry Iguana, (though a little pricey) offers great food. We use the aptly equipped kitchenette often. Mark and Sabine have always been great hosts and make sure that we have all we need. Thanks to the two of them for making our stay a great one!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent some wonderful days here. The rooms have sleeping area and a small sitting/kitchen area. The best is the porch overlooking the ocean. Frigate birds and boobies sailing in the breeze. Good simple lunches at the bar and nice meals in the evenings.

Little Cay is so small you can bike all over with the complementary bikes. It's easy to get to the other side (bloody bay) for fab snorkeling. And the dive company they work with are wonderful too.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank puzon
Scotland
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I didn't actually stay at this resort but my sister and I arrived on Little Cayman and hadn't really done our research on what to do here. After walking around the island we went to the paradise island villas office and they told us that the Hungry Iguanna was open in half an hour so we could use their pool while we waited. We had a fab meal at the Hungry Iguana and the girl who worked there then spoke to Sabeme ( woman who run paradise villas) and they leant us some bikes and told us to use their pool again once we came back.

My sister and I were really appreciative of everyone's friendliness and kindness on this island and if I were to return here I would only stay at paradise villas after our experience with the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This was our second visit to Paradis Villas on Little Cayman. Located next to the airport made the trip to the room easy. Marc is in the office off and on all day. He makes your trip easy. Let him know what you want and he makes it happen. You can relax here. The rooms are neat, spotless, and air conditioned. There is plenty of hot water. Our rooms were cleaned to perfection and the king size bed made daily by an excellent housekeeper that we never saw. The food at The Hungry Iguana at the villas was always good. Nora was usually there to serve the food and brighten your day. Next door is the store which has a little of everything. We ate breakfast and an occasional meal in our room (microwave and fridge in room). We ate once with Pirates Point. Excellent meal. Will review separately but a great evening. The mornings were spent with Conch Club divers. We have travelled from north of the Arctic Circle to Fiji and have not had better divemasters than Matt and Claire. They will keep you safe but not smother you. They were patient with new divers and never seemed to tire of the same questions over and over. Little Cayman is a great place to unwind. Marc and the folks at Paradis Villas make this "easy living". Thanks to all!

Room Tip: All units are duplexes, on the beach. I saw no difference. (Sorry about above...there is no room s...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Paradise Villas? Share your experiences!