“can't stop going back”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Traverse City, Michigan
“can't stop going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I have been coming to SCC with a group of friends that we met there 12 years ago. Each year I look forward to this vacation and I'm already thinking about next year. I love the wind, sun, paddle boards, kayaks, biking and most of all diving so this is perfect for me. The staff is first class, as is the diving (not that I've been to a lot of dive spots - why go elsewhere when its so good here). If you are looking for the spa, shopping or entertainment for the kids this is definitely not your place. But if you enjoy wearing shorts & flip flops and having sand between your toes....give it a go.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
INtoLC, Owner at Southern Cross Club, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Aww! Thanks R and S!! If I do not see you in N Mich this summer then it will have to be next year on LC!!
Ciao for now,
Pete

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our 2nd stay at SCC in March. My husband & son are certified divers, and I became certified here in March. (Don't know why I waited so long!) Dive staff here is excellent - professional, patient, safety-conscious. And all the staff is friendly, welcoming, helpful and entertaining. Food is generally good, not great, but you're here to relax, dive, snorkel, kayak, and did I say relax?! Bring a couple books & sway in the hammock. Best rooms are the "new" 2-story cottages - there is an upcharge. But the outdoor showers are worth it! I hope to return annually to dive and, did I say relax!!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank JWHodes
Winchfield, Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a very special place for us; we were married here eight years ago and have returned regularly.
As such, we have seen changes in staff and approach over the years. What has never changed is the wonderful location, the great diving and ambience of the place. The other thing that has been totally consistent is the attention that is paid to each and every guest and the care every member of the team take to ensure you are totally satisfied.

As usual, we had a ball. A few new faces, including a superstar behind the bar and a new one in the kitchen. Fernando and Anu; you guys are a wonderful addition and thank you for the fun and (Fernando) the hangover !

Other new faces in the front of house team were great too; Pete, Jen, Neil, Renita et al continue to lead a great team who clearly love what they do.
Mention also to the dive team (especially Mike who continues to work with Paula towards her Master Scuba cert) On the boat the great service continues.

Thank you, one and all, for once again ensuring our hard-earned holiday was magical; We'll see you all again next year!

Paul & Paula

Room Tip: With only 12 to choose from, you can't go wrong
2 Thank paul71a
Santa Barnara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The diving was amazing! The staff was incredible, the dive masters where very attentive
And I really enjoyed trying paddle boarding.. The rooms where midst on the island but everything was a little over priced.. Small island , great if your a scuba diver but you can ride a bike around the the island in about an hour..
Sadly when we went most of the dive masters were going to leave to go elsewhere..

Room Tip: Beach side bungalow ..
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank SharkyLarkyscuba
INtoLC, Owner at Southern Cross Club, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thanks for the review Sharky Larky. I hope you decide to come visit again sometime soon. Not sure where you heard the dive staff was leaving? No one on our dive staff is planning on leaving any time soon. They like here too!!! We treat our staff and our guests well, so our staff stays a long time, and our guests keep coming back for more!
Miles of Smiles,
Pete
Brunswick, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stunning landscape, great accommodations, energetic and friendly staff, outrageously great food, perfectly relaxed atmosphere...was it a dream? Nope, it was the real deal. SCC has mastered the art of hospitality and should be very proud of their efforts in achieving such warm and welcoming surroundings for divers and non-divers (like myself) alike. I wouldn't hesitate even for a second to plan another trip there or recommend it to anyone looking for all of the above... Well done and thank you to all at SCC for making our vacation so special!

2 Thank MargaretWilderMaine
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Little Cayman in itself is like no other place in this world, a true escape to Paradise. Staying at Southern Cross Club is also like no other place in this world & It's the Southern Cross Club that makes this "Paradise location" the "Perfect Paradise Vacation".

The staff instantly makes you feel right at home, always greeting you with a genuine smile anytime day or night. They encourage any feedback & will always go above & beyond to accommodate special requests to help ensure your stay is as enjoyable as it can be.

I had the joy of experiencing Thanksgiving with my family on Little Cayman last year at Southern Cross Club. What a phenomenal feast we all were so lucky to enjoy. The wonderful Southern Cross Club family including the Host with the Most "Pete" effortlessly provides such a relaxing, peaceful, comfortable, friendly atmosphere instantly making everyone feel like one big happy family.

The food presentation overall is outstanding & always to die for delicious to say the least. I can't say enough incredible things about the Southern Cross Club & all the fabulous folks that make each visit more special than the last.

I have been extra lucky to have been able to visit Southern Cross Club several times over the past year & I can unequivocally say without a doubt that Southern Cross Club is the "Perfect Paradise Vacation". No where else compares to Paradise. **Absolutely Perfect**

So whether your passion is diving, fishing or taking nice relaxing Barefoot walks along the beautiful white sandy beaches, at the end of the day when it's time to hang up your hat, fishing pole or flippers, there's nothing like a nice relaxing evening at Southern Cross Club with friends and family. truly doesn't get any better than this :)

You can take my word for it or the word of everyone else's wonderful experience of Southern Cross Club's True Paradise Vacation, or can experience it first hand :) My opinion is you haven't experienced the best life has to offer, until you've landed those barefeet of yours in the soft white sandy beaches of Little Cayman at Southern Cross Club.... as they say at Southern Cross Club "If you're not barefoot... you're overdressed". Gotta Love it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Annie E
Hingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Wonderful setting, quiet, beautiful beach.
Lovely accommodations, with unobstructed water views
great food
fantastic, warm and welcoming staff.

this was our second trip and we'll be back next year!

Room Tip: We've stayed in the bungaloos but all the accommodations have water views
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Cayman
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman
The Villas at Sunset Lane
The Villas at Sunset Lane
#6 of 15 in St. John's

Been to Southern Cross Club? Share your experiences!