“Relaxation at its finest...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Relaxation at its finest...”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

A great time was had thanks to the fabulous team at Southern Cross Club! I have to say, I was very pleased to see that everyone there seemed to actually want to be there--it was almost as if they were enjoying their jobs (what a concept)! I think everyone personally welcomed us to SCC, which is a nice touch for a small, intimate resort.

Upon arrival, we were picked up at the airport, taken to Southern Cross Club and enjoyed a delicious fruity drink at the bar (complementary welcome drink!) by the talented bartender, Fernando. Each guest also receives a small reusable water bottle so they don't have to purchase water in plastic bottles (nice environmentally friendly touch, as well as a great souviner). Our bags magically moved from the van to our room, so when we were shown to our gorgeous room with a view, everything was there (and when we left, our bags magically moved from our room back to the van!).

The food was delicious and a great variety of options for all meals. SCC has probably the best wine list on Little Cayman, so my wine was perfect (but I highly recommend the fruity concoctions at the bar!!). A main reason I booked here for our visit was because the meals were all included, and I was happy with this choice! We did eat at the Hungry Iguana for lunch one day--more to try it than anything else. But I would happily eat at SCC any day!

We were in room 10, the upper level of the yellow cottage, and enjoyed a gorgeous view of the ocean from our balcony (and the outdoor shower!). While the room could use a bit of freshening, it was a great room and suited our purposes perfectly. It was spacious and comfortable.

I could go on, but I just wanted to express how great this place is and how memorable my anniversary trip with my husband was because of the experience at SCC!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bermudababe76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I have never before written a Tripadvisor review,and I have travelled a lot. But I feel that I need to write this one. What a fantastic resort! I spent 4 days at Southern Cross. I went there for the reputedly great diving in Little Cayman, but I got much more than I bargained for, and the diving was first rate. Great rooms, better food than I could get almost anywhere at home in NYC, a first rate dive team, and the cherry on top...Ferrnando....the best bartender in the Carribean, bar none. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Daniel Z
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I can't even describe how perfect it was. Quiet,beautiful and low key. The ceremony was on the beach, with the ocean behind us. No gawkers. No old guys in speedos taking pictures like I have seen in the big resorts. Just the two of us. It was wonderful.
The resort itself is fantastic. The staff is very attentive. The food was amazing and vegetarian friendly which was very key in choosing this place.
The dive masters totally rocked. We got our certification there and they were by far some of the best people I have ever met. If you don't want the crowds of the big resorts and need a day in a hammock without seeing anyone, this is the place.
We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Get the honeymoon suite. Its off by itself.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert L
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I have been coming to SCC with a group of friends that we met there 12 years ago. Each year I look forward to this vacation and I'm already thinking about next year. I love the wind, sun, paddle boards, kayaks, biking and most of all diving so this is perfect for me. The staff is first class, as is the diving (not that I've been to a lot of dive spots - why go elsewhere when its so good here). If you are looking for the spa, shopping or entertainment for the kids this is definitely not your place. But if you enjoy wearing shorts & flip flops and having sand between your toes....give it a go.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
INtoLC, Owner at Southern Cross Club, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Aww! Thanks R and S!! If I do not see you in N Mich this summer then it will have to be next year on LC!!
Ciao for now,
Pete
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our 2nd stay at SCC in March. My husband & son are certified divers, and I became certified here in March. (Don't know why I waited so long!) Dive staff here is excellent - professional, patient, safety-conscious. And all the staff is friendly, welcoming, helpful and entertaining. Food is generally good, not great, but you're here to relax, dive, snorkel, kayak, and did I say relax?! Bring a couple books & sway in the hammock. Best rooms are the "new" 2-story cottages - there is an upcharge. But the outdoor showers are worth it! I hope to return annually to dive and, did I say relax!!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank JWHodes
Winchfield, Hampshire
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a very special place for us; we were married here eight years ago and have returned regularly.
As such, we have seen changes in staff and approach over the years. What has never changed is the wonderful location, the great diving and ambience of the place. The other thing that has been totally consistent is the attention that is paid to each and every guest and the care every member of the team take to ensure you are totally satisfied.

As usual, we had a ball. A few new faces, including a superstar behind the bar and a new one in the kitchen. Fernando and Anu; you guys are a wonderful addition and thank you for the fun and (Fernando) the hangover !

Other new faces in the front of house team were great too; Pete, Jen, Neil, Renita et al continue to lead a great team who clearly love what they do.
Mention also to the dive team (especially Mike who continues to work with Paula towards her Master Scuba cert) On the boat the great service continues.

Thank you, one and all, for once again ensuring our hard-earned holiday was magical; We'll see you all again next year!

Paul & Paula

Room Tip: With only 12 to choose from, you can't go wrong
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paul71a
Santa Barnara
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The diving was amazing! The staff was incredible, the dive masters where very attentive
And I really enjoyed trying paddle boarding.. The rooms where midst on the island but everything was a little over priced.. Small island , great if your a scuba diver but you can ride a bike around the the island in about an hour..
Sadly when we went most of the dive masters were going to leave to go elsewhere..

Room Tip: Beach side bungalow ..
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank SharkyLarkyscuba
INtoLC, Owner at Southern Cross Club, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thanks for the review Sharky Larky. I hope you decide to come visit again sometime soon. Not sure where you heard the dive staff was leaving? No one on our dive staff is planning on leaving any time soon. They like here too!!! We treat our staff and our guests well, so our staff stays a long time, and our guests keep coming back for more!
Miles of Smiles,
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman
The Villas at Sunset Lane
The Villas at Sunset Lane
#6 of 15 in St. John's

Been to Southern Cross Club? Share your experiences!