“Top Notch !!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We are just returning from a week at Southern Cross -- and had a wonderful experience. The staff, food, facilities, environment were all top notch. The diving was better than what we had expected as we have been diving in the Pacific the last 10+ years. The rooms are so nice with comfortable beds - tons of storage and plenty of room to spread out. You can do as much as you want or a little as you want -- however Little Cayman is a small island so don't expect a lot of shopping/night life. The food -was wonderful and the bar was the center of activity in the evenings with more choices than you could imagine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ScubaDiverMinnesota

Reviewed 15 November 2012

If you know how to be calm, if you want to be among friends (old, and new), if you want to learn, if you love nature more than glitz, if you want to be a part of rather than a customer of a resort, if small is better, and sleep, food, turquoise water, diving, fishing, seeing, conversing, laughing, and being enjoyed matter a lot to you, but being seen, winning the game, feeling superior, leaving your mark, finding excitement, being entertained, getting a deal, partying all night, and hooking up matter not at all -- then you will absolutely love this place. And like the rest of us, you will just keep coming back for more, year after year.

Room Tip: The room doesn't matter, but if you are fussy, go for an upper room in the two-story bungalows...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Hank V
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Southern Cross Club is a very small slice of Heaven on earth. My husband and I just returned from a 7 day stay in the "honeymoon" suite which is a single unit at the end of the beach. Because of the solitude in this unit we did not use the indoor shower at all. The outdoor shower was perfect.

Everyone there was so friendly and nice. We felt like we were guests in someone's home - not staying at a resort. As I have read here many times - the food was amazing!!!
I can't believe I ate gourmet food in a glorious resort without even wearing shoes!!!!!

The diving and the dive staff are out of this world. Mike and Kristian know these dive sites like the back of their hands and are very generous with their knowledge.

We enjoyed ourselves so much - we have already booked a return visit. Can't wait.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank doc_barbara
Reviewed 30 July 2012

SCC is our exclusive choice for scuba diving every year, since we certified in open water diving there 11 years ago. Outstanding water clarity, untouched marine-park fish and coral, world-famous wall diving, white sand beaches with the lagoon's own unique color of aqua, outstanding service and staff:guest ratio, great food, and great fishing, whether you like deep sea or lagoon, rod-and-reel or fly, bone fish or the big ones. The best combination of private, social, active, quiet, or romantic...you choose.

Room Tip: Ask for the honeymoon suite for your own private little corner of the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kay P
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I made my first trip to SCC this year and had a wonderful time. The place is small enough that the staff get to know your name, and most of the guests are returning customers who come multiple times each year. Dive guide Mike is an expert at marine biology, and obviously has a great passion for reef-life and diving. The owner was there for the first part of my stay, and we had a good time speaking with him at dinner one night. He put on a great fireworks show as a combo celebration of American Independence Day, anniversary of the Caymanian Constitution, and Canada Day.

One note on Nitrox - they will provide it, but most guests don't use it, and on my next trip I won't either. They don't do Nitrox fills on-site - they get the bottles from another resort on the island - which involves extra work for them and an extra charge ($15/tank during my trip) for us. Much of the diving is in fairly shallow water - on most of my dives I spent the last 30 minutes within 30 feet of the surface.

Another note is, they only have really small bars of soap for the bathrooms (maybe, half the size of what I get at a Hampton Inn?). They'll provide as many as you want, but the bar was so small I dropped it frequently. Next time I'll bring my own. I do like the shampoo and conditioner they have. Also, there were plenty of outlets in my room, which was great for re-charging our ever-growing number of rechargeable batteries!

Overall, I really like this place; I enjoy going to places that don't get mass tourism and that are informal and low-key. If you enjoy that kind of travel as well, in addition to great diving, I think you will enjoy Southern Cross Club.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank parrotfish91
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Impossiblly vibrant colors of the sea, soft white sand and the friendliest people anywhere is just the start of a long list of the wonderful things about visiting the Southern Cross Club on Little Cayman Island.

I first visited the Southern Cross Club in 2001 and have returned many, many times staying weeks at a time. Every trip just gets better. As an underwater photographer, the incredible dive sites and always helpful dive staff allows me to catch unusual shots and critters most divers miss. Although I've been diving all over the world, Little Cayman remains the most enjoyable place to dive.

Topside the Southern Cross Club excels in its charm and warmth. As a solo traveler I've never felt uncomfortable thanks to the small community feel of the island. And I've made great friends with other guests and staff at the Southern Cross.

The food is excellent, although I'm quite sure that they must put something in the food because I have more restful sleep there than anywhere else - even home. Naps in the hammock, sea breezes at night and no worries make it the ideal place to truly relax and enjoy nature at its finest.

It's a small island so it's definitely NOT the place for high maintenance personalities. But if you love true natural beauty, exploring the rich nature of a location and getting to know some of the most interesting people you'll ever meet this is the place to go. And being a small island means you may get the opportunity to chip in and help be it scooping Tarpon off the road after a torrential rain (ask about that story when you're there!) or helping to install the solar panels at the Central Carribean Marine Institute Research Center.

I've chosen to become a part of the island as much as I can when I'm there and have incredible memories and cherished friendships because of my choices. Others prefer to retreat and just relax. You can do either. No matter which path you choose, Little Cayman and the Southern Cross Club will become a special place to you too.

Room Tip: No bad rooms here - all are right on the sandy beach with spectacular view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I have been coming to SCC for many years, and they have never failed to provide outstanding resort/diving experience. From the minute I arrive at the airport, I don't have to worry about a thing!!!! The staff go out of their way to be helpful, and are friendly. The SCC staff have graciously tracked down my lost luggage, dealt with my goofy food allergies, and repaired broken equipment with a "no worries" attitude that I just haven't experienced anywhere else.
SCC has a beautiful sand beach...no shoes for me!!! It is quiet and relaxing-no one will bother you while you snooze in a hammock or sunbathe in a lounge chair. I forgot my ipad in the club house at lunch... went backup to get it in a panic....it was right where I left it-you don't find that kin of environment just anywhere!!
The food is excellent-breakfast is made to order with options for eggs, omelets, pancakes etc....just ask, and they will make it for you!!
Lunch offers really tasty soup, salad made to order etc....the dinners are wonderful. I personally enjoy the sreened in gazebo style dining area where I feel the ocean breeze and can look at the water while dining! The chefs are always careful to inquire about my food allergies (several are quite severe).
The dive masters are wonderful!! They work really hard to provide fun and exciting dives, while ensuring safety standards for all. The dive masters often assist guests with equipment repairs, and are very patient and helpful with novice divers. Underwater, they frequently point out wonderful fish and critters for everyone to enjoy and photograph.
If you want a vacation that is relaxing and stress free, give SCC a try! It really is "barefoot elegance" at it's best!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Southern Cross Club? Share your experiences!