“The Best-- Southern Cross Club”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Returning for our 7th time brought us back to the experience we know and love. Diving was excellent. Food and Service was a pleasure.
The team recognizes your every need and exceeds expectation on a daily basis. Quiet, clean, pleasant room greet you after a morning dive. Meals are well balanced and bar is very personable.
We have made some lifelong friend that we continue to plan trips every year. We will keep coming back.

Room Tip: All bungalows have beach access. If you have any accessibility issues pick room 6 or 7.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I am a 25 year old man who hadn't taken a real vacation (longer than 2 days off consecutively) since I started working three years ago. As a result, there was a lot riding on my trip to Little Cayman to be truly spectacular. The Southern Cross Club was/is a truly unique and wonderful experience, with the friendliest staff and the most comfortable, vibrant environment created by them and permeating through the happiness of every single guest. From the dive boat, to the pool, to the bar, to the community dinner (they actually ring a bell for dinner!) you feel like a vacation family - which is even better than taking your regular family on vacation. I'd go again. I hope to go again. I'm totally going to go again.

1  Thank Jared W
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I usually don't plan our dive trips at the same international location two years in a row, but we did this year. We loved our stay at Southern Cross Club last year so much that we returned this summer; plus, we contacted friends we made there last year, and they joined us. The resort is quiet, but friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced in providing superb service. The diving at Little Cayman is fantastic, and the dive staff at SCC is top notch, providing detailed briefings and guided dives, where they find plenty of interesting critters. If you have any questions about diving or need help with your equipment, Mike is your man! He has solved problems with both of our equipment. The new fishing guide, Chris, added a new dimension to our trip this year, as my husband went deep sea fishing and hooked a 300+ blue marlin. Even though it broke the hook, he and our friends caught plenty of blackfin tuna, which was served to us that evening, first as sashimi, then as steaks for supper.When is comes to food, you'll think you're in a 5-star restaurant, as Chef Anu and his staff serve delicious meals with a flair. Both times, we stayed in the two-story units that have outdoor showers. Stepping out of our comfortable, clean, spacious unit, we are on the beach, ready to relax or step over to the lobby, where there is wifi, a pool, gift shop, restaurant, and an indoor/outdoor bar. We feel very much at home at SCC and plan to return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie P
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the SCC 10 years ago and had an absolutely wonderful time. We recently returned to Little Cayman with our 5 children to enjoy a low key, relaxing, diving vacation in paradise. We didn't stay at the SCC this time because of availability but enjoyed the activities SCC has to offer. The SCC is exceptional in food, service and friendliness! We were treated like family without even staying there! We did off shore fishing with Chris-caught 8 black-fins and a skip jack tuna. Chris is an outstanding fishing guide and the best on the island. He really does his homework to make sure you don't come off that boat empty handed! He is very knowledgeable, helpful and very personable. We also took a sunset cruise around Owen Island and had a excellent dinner at the SCC--everyone goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Jen the GM was a big help in organizing our activities. Her emails were prompt and full of helpful information. She makes herself available all the time, is very approachable and really goes out of her way to make sure your stay is a memorable one. My family had a wonderful time and want to return to Little Cayman!! Who says you can never go home again was mistaken--Little Cayman and SCC always feel like home!

2  Thank JulieHummelstown
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I just returned home from another wonderful vacation at the Southern Cross Club in Little Cayman. This has been our annual vacation destination for over 10 years (some years more than once!) and we continue to discover new reasons to love this resort. This year we tried an afternoon fishing trip with Chris. We had a delightful time and plan to try deep sea fishing during our next visit. Our diving experience was exceptional. The dive masters take the time to explain what we may find at each dive site and they are always very kind to point out interesting sea life. I always feel that they are prepared and concerned about my overall diving experience. Over the years, dive master Mike has provided me with invaluable advice that has helped me improve my diving skills and fish identification. Thanks to Henry my last dive this year was spectacular! He took the time to point out a Scorpion Fish, a Moray Eel, a Spotted Drum, a young turtle and a larger turtle all during one dive. Once again, the meals were well planned and included a variety of options. My favorites included the salad stations, pasta night, and homemade cookies at lunch! The service was friendly, prompt and the staff is always happy to accommodate special requests.
We have tried other dive resorts but nothing seems to compare to the experience and satisfaction that we receive at the Southern Cross Club. We already have our next visit to SCC booked and I’m counting the days!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allyn4
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Our third Southern Cross Club family retreat wrapped up in grand fashion, as always. My son in law's first visit there could be described as, "bourdaining." His newly coined verb as in: to Bourdain. The famous chefs gluttonous desire to try EVERYTHING ! TWICE !!

Though he tried, the incredible diversity of menu, activity, and spirits was more than even he could conquer.

Top dive staff in the world at the top location ! Nuff said. Always safe. Lounge on the beach for hours all alone. A professional staff ready for immediate response to any need or desire. All bungalows are unique and luxurious. No paparazzi !! The repeat guests say much.

Ciao,
Artie

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Due to personal and business travels I've been fortunate to travel to many countries and have stayed in some of the world's best hotels. The Southern Cross Club should be on everyone's bucket list! This hotel is a gem. Not only are you able to enjoy some of the world's best dive sites but to be able to experience the gift of this hotel is a dream come true. The food is amazing, the people- some of the nicest, most professional I've ever met. Go diving, then enjoy an exquisite lunch, take a bike out, ride to a beach where you are totally alone. Take your afternoon nap in a hammock, shower and meet everyone at the bar. Ask Gaby to mix you a surprise cocktail then savor your dinner. If you should want ANYTHING- find Jen or Neil and your wish is their command. This is called perfection.

1  Thank mroth717
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Southern Cross Club? Share your experiences!