“Fly Fishing and Diving Heaven”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Toronto, Canada
“Fly Fishing and Diving Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Barefoot elegance; some of the finest diving in the Caribbean and whether you like fly fishing for bonefish on the flats or hunting tuna and wahoo in deeper waters this is your spot. Attention to your individual needs is the staffs goal and that was accomplished. The commonality of the guests interests creates an atmosphere in which lasting friendships are created. I've been twice and it just keeps getting better. SCC stands out as my favorite destination south of Toronto! I am a fly fishing addict and the guide Chris - is as good as I've been with.

Room Tip: There are only 9 so any are great.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDLambert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our second trip to SCC and it is on our annual vacation list!! The cottages are wonderful, the clubhouse is a blast, the dining is world class, the resort staff is the most attentive, friendly, and professional I've ever experienced. My wife loves the island view, warm beaches, and the hammocks while I fish, dive, and explore. The dive masters are truly amazing. They know exactly when and how to help those of us that need it, while also providing the independence that you look for in diving. There are so many great dive sites. While we discovered SCC on a dive vacation, my personal passion is fishing and the fishing is amazing. Wander the flats on your own or head for blue water, you couldn't ask for more. Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo ..... Sashimi on the boat or Anu will prepare it to your satisfaction ... But then there was THE BLUE MARLIN!!!! Enough said except "thank you Captain Chris!!!". Hope to see you there!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Our third visit to Southern Cross Club was for Christmas. Some friends joined us as well - it was their second visit. As usual the fabulous and gregarious management and staff tended to our needs and outdid themselves for Christmas. We count these folks as friends we want to see again soon. The food is scrumptious in the hands of Chef Anu. The Christmas dinner spread was jaw-dropping in its breadth and delicious. Diving is spectacular and the boat/dive crews are among the best, in my experience (I've been diving for 33 years). Our friends went fishing and had some great catches including some delicious tuna and a 200 pound blue marlin (catch and release). We've already booked for later in the year and Christmas 2015!

Room Tip: We prefer the upper rooms (#8 or #10) to get a more expansive view of the ocean.
2 Thank Tim K
Dewittville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and have been here twice and loved it both times. I dive and she enjoys just relaxing. The diving is great and the dive masters are outstanding. The food is fantastic and the accommodations are very nice. We have already booked for this December.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are the nicest numbers 8,9,10,11 and 12
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I recently returned from a 12 night trip to Southern Cross Club. We arrived a few days before Christmas and left a few days after New Years. We stayed in the honeymoon suite (#12) and enjoyed the solitude as well as the outdoor shower and toilet.

Everyone at the resort went to so much trouble to make the holidays super special for the guests. The decorations were beautiful and it was hard to believe they were able to do so much on such a small island.

The diving was world-class and easy. We dove at least 2 dives everyday and 3 on most. The dive staff is so expert that they make the whole experience so very easy. I had some equipment issues that were taken care of quickly on the boat by Sherry and Mike so I did not miss any diving. Thanks a million!!!!!

I am able to relax to a special level at this resort - something I truly treasure about this place.

Chef Anu makes a variety of dishes to try to meet all needs and desires. If there is still nothing one likes there is also a bar menu from which one can order.

The only negative I have to say about this trip was the fact that we were not informed that 2 large groups would be there during the 2nd half of our trip. There was a family of 22 and a family of 10. Not all were staying on property - but all were using the property facilities. It seemed hectic and crowded at times. I will avoid going back around holidays in an effort to avoid the large groups. I will not avoid going back though - I love this place!!!!!

Woodacre, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Best view of the night sky in the world.....Dancing with my I-Pod to my favorite tunes under the stars has been a highlight of my many travels around the world. I stayed up all night to watch the sunrise outside my private deck. My private shower overlooked the beach and could walk and relax in this private paradise. Next time I will renew my diver card in advance as I do not want to miss seeing the tropical fish100 feet below. Looking forward to attending the Sea Camp with my six year old daughter Alexandria as I want her to see the beautiful Caribbean and swim the warm waters as it is a little chilly at Stinson Beach here in Northern California where we normally swim. I traveled in 2011 Solo and this time my daughter can experience Southern Cross with Mom....

Room Tip: The little pink house would be best....however, if that is not available then I recommend the mango...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I visited this resort while touring Little Cayman Island during Thanksgiving 2013 and needed a place to rent some snorkel gear while I swam out to Owen Island across the sea. Although I was not a hotel guest and was only on the island for one day, the front desk was still more than happy to rent snorkel gear to me and let me use their beach for a couple of hours. Thank you very much for all your help! I had a great time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman
The Villas at Sunset Lane
The Villas at Sunset Lane
#6 of 15 in St. John's

Been to Southern Cross Club? Share your experiences!