“Third time's a charm”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I just returned from our third visit to Southern Cross Club. We spent a week there this time, longer then previous visits. We dove every day. The staff is excellent. Everyone from Peter, the owner, to Anu and his kitchen staff, as well as Neil, Jen, Laura, Nicki, Shirley, Kristian, Mike, Henry and Sherry on the dive boat are just great. They all make you feel like you are part of the family. The diving was sensational. The food was exceptional, the room we had was perfect. If you are looking for a great getaway to just dive (or do nothing) and eat well, this is the place. Little Cayman is a beautiful, unspoiled island and Southern Cross is our favorite destination. We are already checking the calendar for our next visit.

Room Tip: All are very good, but the ones with outdoor shower are particularly nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Little Cayman has remained unspoiled by the crowds. That's what makes it different. We've been going there for thirty years, and it's largely "just as it was". SCC is the top resort on Little Cayman. It's in the best shape, staff-wise, that we've ever seen it. There are four separate components of staff. Those are kitchen, dive crew, fishing guide, and admin/facility. Each of these is as good, right now, as they've ever been. We did considerable diving and fishing. We challenged the kitchen with our catch, and their response was as gracious as it was delicious. Mike and his dive team was super in starting one of us as a diver, and Chris' love of fishing makes those trips really special.Top marks for the whole team. Best compliment is that we're headed back in a month!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Barefoot elegance; some of the finest diving in the Caribbean and whether you like fly fishing for bonefish on the flats or hunting tuna and wahoo in deeper waters this is your spot. Attention to your individual needs is the staffs goal and that was accomplished. The commonality of the guests interests creates an atmosphere in which lasting friendships are created. I've been twice and it just keeps getting better. SCC stands out as my favorite destination south of Toronto! I am a fly fishing addict and the guide Chris - is as good as I've been with.

Room Tip: There are only 9 so any are great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JDLambert
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our second trip to SCC and it is on our annual vacation list!! The cottages are wonderful, the clubhouse is a blast, the dining is world class, the resort staff is the most attentive, friendly, and professional I've ever experienced. My wife loves the island view, warm beaches, and the hammocks while I fish, dive, and explore. The dive masters are truly amazing. They know exactly when and how to help those of us that need it, while also providing the independence that you look for in diving. There are so many great dive sites. While we discovered SCC on a dive vacation, my personal passion is fishing and the fishing is amazing. Wander the flats on your own or head for blue water, you couldn't ask for more. Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo ..... Sashimi on the boat or Anu will prepare it to your satisfaction ... But then there was THE BLUE MARLIN!!!! Enough said except "thank you Captain Chris!!!". Hope to see you there!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Our third visit to Southern Cross Club was for Christmas. Some friends joined us as well - it was their second visit. As usual the fabulous and gregarious management and staff tended to our needs and outdid themselves for Christmas. We count these folks as friends we want to see again soon. The food is scrumptious in the hands of Chef Anu. The Christmas dinner spread was jaw-dropping in its breadth and delicious. Diving is spectacular and the boat/dive crews are among the best, in my experience (I've been diving for 33 years). Our friends went fishing and had some great catches including some delicious tuna and a 200 pound blue marlin (catch and release). We've already booked for later in the year and Christmas 2015!

Room Tip: We prefer the upper rooms (#8 or #10) to get a more expansive view of the ocean.
2  Thank Tim K
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and have been here twice and loved it both times. I dive and she enjoys just relaxing. The diving is great and the dive masters are outstanding. The food is fantastic and the accommodations are very nice. We have already booked for this December.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are the nicest numbers 8,9,10,11 and 12
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I recently returned from a 12 night trip to Southern Cross Club. We arrived a few days before Christmas and left a few days after New Years. We stayed in the honeymoon suite (#12) and enjoyed the solitude as well as the outdoor shower and toilet.

Everyone at the resort went to so much trouble to make the holidays super special for the guests. The decorations were beautiful and it was hard to believe they were able to do so much on such a small island.

The diving was world-class and easy. We dove at least 2 dives everyday and 3 on most. The dive staff is so expert that they make the whole experience so very easy. I had some equipment issues that were taken care of quickly on the boat by Sherry and Mike so I did not miss any diving. Thanks a million!!!!!

I am able to relax to a special level at this resort - something I truly treasure about this place.

Chef Anu makes a variety of dishes to try to meet all needs and desires. If there is still nothing one likes there is also a bar menu from which one can order.

The only negative I have to say about this trip was the fact that we were not informed that 2 large groups would be there during the 2nd half of our trip. There was a family of 22 and a family of 10. Not all were staying on property - but all were using the property facilities. It seemed hectic and crowded at times. I will avoid going back around holidays in an effort to avoid the large groups. I will not avoid going back though - I love this place!!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Cayman
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Southern Cross Club? Share your experiences!