“I Can't Wait to Go Back!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I know - your are hearing from me again! This was our third trip to SCC and it certainly won't be our last. This time we stayed in Unit #10. That is the upstairs of the yellow building. We have only stayed in #12 before (the "honeymoon suite") and found that we liked #10 a lot. The bathroom was a little smaller and there was no outside toilet. However, the view more than made up for those differences. We did not feel any lack of privacy either.

I read a response from Neil, the GM, about booking the 3 tank package if one really wants 3 dives per day - so we did. One day it was only the two of us with Mike. Talk about the highlight of the trip!!!!! Mike is Wikipedia when it comes to knowledge about the sea life in the waters around Little Cayman. And he is so generous with this knowledge.

Returning to SCC is like returning to a friend's home. Everyone is so friendly and warm. We also find that the resort gets a very interesting group of guests. We always find there are people we enjoy talking to and sharing a drink.

Like I said - I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was at the SCC the last week of May 2014...and it was a great experience! What made the trip great (aside from the amazing weather and diving) was the service from the SCC staff. The dive staff are "full service" from carrying gear, changing tanks to storing gear over night. The Club staff are very hospitable and friendly. From check ins on how the trip is going to offering ideas and suggestions. The food was great. If you like a small, if sleepy, place with great service and accommodations to get away from it all, then this is the place to do it. I was in room 6, which was very nice. Large, plenty of space and storage. A shout out to the following SCC'ers for providing me with one of the best vacations of my life: Sherry, Christian, Mike, Henry, Casey, Laura, Shirley, Hernan, Gabi, Anu, Mani, Francisco, Nataka, Cherly, Fernando, Jeff, Arleen, Jen and Neil. I hope I didn't forget anyone! Thanks SCC. I hope to be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I one again have been able to unplug, unwind and enjoy the SSC for all it is...very special. The ever friendly staff with their daily smiles, dive staff with their amazing knowledge and meals Ooh la la!
We both appreciate the small adult only high Class resort SSC runs. We will be back soon. If you love to dive make sure you pre book the three tank package.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We are not divers, so when we told people we were going to vacation on Little Cayman everyone asked us, “Why?” Well-we didn’t know it at the time, but staying at Southern Cross Club was reason enough for the trip! What a wonderful place to stay. All the bungalows are right on the beach-no such thing as a bad view. The resort is spotlessly clean and beautifully maintained, with an impressive staff:guest ratio. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful and truly seemed to care that we were enjoying ourselves. Every meal was a treat-breakfast and lunches were buffets, with plenty to choose from. There were plenty of fruits, vegetables and salads for healthy eaters, then heartier choices as well-lots of options regardless of your preferences. And the dinners were amazing! Each night gave us a choice of two main courses (one of which was always a type of fish) and each one was better than the last. The Italian and Indian buffet nights far exceeded what we were expecting. The indoor/outdoor bar was a great gathering spot before and after dinner. The whole atmosphere was incredibly pleasant and peaceful-everything was taken care of for us so we could just relax and enjoy our vacation. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10-an upstairs room-loved having the balcony and the outdoor shower. The ceiling...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Wow, one of the best vacations our family has taken! Diving was fantastic, food exceptional, and the staff happy to help in any way! Not a minute of stress - unless you count the tough decision between dives of whether to nap, bike, kayak, or read a book in the hammock! We will be back! Thank you to the awesome staff of SCC!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Corraos
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It would be easy to go on about the idyllic environment, the gorgeous water (both above and below) and the food and drink. All of it was indescribably pleasant and leaving was exceptionally hard. What makes Southern Cross so very special is the people who make it work, day and night. The camaraderie, the warmth and the genuine pleasure the team display toward the guests is apparent in their interaction with each other. From Peter, to the divemasters to Gaby the delightful and highly gifted bartender, we were surrounded by friends all week.

Personally, I don't know where to begin to thank the wonderful dive team for the kind, personal attention they gave me during our week long stay. Buoyancy control has always been an elusive target, and I still have work to do. But thanks to the entire team, diving has once again become fun. All you need to know about these wonderful people is that their faces lit up when I told them this.

By all means, come for the serenity, the beauty, the relaxed ambience, the food and drink, but expect to leave with a special appreciation for what truly makes an unforgettable experience: the time spent with each other, and in the company of delightful people who love what they do and who treasure the opportunity to share that with their tremendously fortunate guests. That we may have been the only first timers in sight also speaks volumes.

My wife and I can't wait to come back and enjoy being return visitors. We got much more than an unforgettable birthday at the beach. Thank you all, so very much. We still miss you all, even more than that breathtaking view.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MM0404
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our 4th stay at SCC, and it never fails to impress! The combination of professional and personable is perfect! First the location....so beautiful and relaxing. Believe me, if lying in the hammock and watching the view is all you do while here, you will have succeeded! Next, the diving: smart, safe, fun. The wall diving is wonderful, but if you want anything else, just ask--sharks, eagle rays, nudibranchs, flamingo tongues--you will be led to your secret treasure! The food is better each visit....oh, Indian buffet night is a favorite, and the salads, the soups, the seafood...aahhh! And the staff is the crème de la crème! Who brought our son throat lozenges? Who lent us a softly scented candle from home when a sensitive nose was assailed by the blue footed boobies one evening? We haven't (yet) been on a fishing tour, but one day! We have used the paddle boards, kayaks and bikes that are there for guests. Thanks to Jen, Neil, Mike, Kristian, Sherry, Henry, Shirley, Casey, Hernan (the turtle lover), Gaby, Ranita, Laura, Jeff.....oh, I know I'm forgetting someone!! It's the perfect combination of staying with family but being treated like a very special guest. It's true love!

Room Tip: Who doesn't love a room with an outdoor shower?!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Southern Cross Club? Share your experiences!