Golden Lemon Inn and Villas
Great 4.5/5
US$298
US$263
  • Pool
Sugar Bay Club(Frigate Bay)
US$149
US$146
Good 3.5/5
Timothy Beach Resort(Frigate Bay)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$165
Very Good 4/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Excellent 5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2006

Thomas and I visited Arthur and Martin in January 2006. It was a great spot. We met some wonderful interesting people. The service was top and everyone went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Delicious food! We enjoyed falling asleep to the sound of the wind and waves just outside our room. We recommend a rental as the island has lot to see. If you dare to come off the main roads you will recieve a warm welcome from the local folk who engage a large portion of their time hanging out and having fun.
Nice island.
PS: don't forget to try the porridge for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank Bourgainvilla
Reviewed 1 January 2006

My husband and I just returned from a week’s stay at The Golden Lemon. We’ve been there in the past but found the place has kept its high standards. We had an absolutely wonderful time and felt very safe. The management and staff went out of their way to do anything for us. For value, we took the all inclusive package and found that the food was superb for every meal. The cuisine was creative and deliciouS - we always waddled away from each meal stuffed. We’ve traveled to a lot of places in the Caribbean but the Lemon is tops in terms of service, food, comfort, and hospitality. If you want to just escape and do nothing, this is just for you. If you feel adventuresome, the hotel will arrange all kinds of activities: island touring, range forest trips, mountain climbing, snorkeling, boat trips, and fishing. We did the rain forest trip and heard from others how much they loved their adventures too. We definitely will be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2005
8  Thank barbsi2003
Reviewed 15 August 2005

We stayed at the Golden Lemon for a few days for our Honeymoon. We would not reccomend it though. In the first week we stayed at The Montpelier on Nevis and that was the most amazing place that we had ever been. The Golden Lemon didn't compare. We had read the bad reviews before we went and also some good ones and although we were sceptical after quizzing the owners about our concerns we decided to give them the benefit of the doubt as we felt bad about cancelling at the last minute. The place has a certain charm, we could appreciate that, but for the price that you are paying you expect at least a good fresh breakfast. The toast was dire, each morning whatever fruit we chose from the menu we were told that they didn't have it, the omelette tasted of soap, basically we couldn't eat the breakfast. Mosquitos are a big problem we got bitten to death. The beach is dirty with rubbish littered everywhere and apparently there was suppose to be a coral reef just off shore but my husband found that there used to be one but there was nothing much there now.
We were upgraded to a villa, which had a wow factor at first but then on closer inspection and as the days went on we found a dead cockroach in the kitchen and things were not as clean as they could be. The filter in plunge pool didn't appear to be working half the time. We got in it almost straight away on the first day and discovered that the bottom was all slimy (probably people's suncream etc) and there was scum on top.
The Golden Lemon possessed a spirit that seemed to imply that it had been an amazing place in it's prime and most of the staff were lovely, although one breakfast waitress used to slam our things on the table and not speak.
There is an air of sadness and tiredness, about the place. All of the faults that we found with it could be easily rectified.
We hired a car and saw the rest of St Kitts, just dropping in to sleep in the end. We have never written a bad review about anywhere before. We wished we'd stayed longer at the Montpelier.

• Stayed: July 2005
20  Thank redmelon5
Reviewed 15 July 2005

In low season you can be upgraded to a villa, which has a double height reception room with one set of doors opening onto a terrace, the other straight into a small swimming pool. From the balcony of the upstairs bedroom the view in the best villas is through the palms trees to the perfect volcanic cone of St Eustasius, an idyllic sight more normally associated with the South Pacific.

On the other hand you may not want the ‘upgrade’ because the main, historic building has spacious room after room filled with exquisite and unique furniture – much of it dating from the eighteenth century and coming from old plantation houses. All have character and I know which I want – and which pieces of furniture – on my return.

Food is fresh, with a wide selection for breakfast and a new dinner menu every night. There’s nowhere else to eat locally - other than a taxi ride to the super expensive Rawlins Plantation nice for a drink but the gooey and unpalatable banana bread at US$3 a slice didn’t inspire confidence. Only problem at the GL for me was that I found the portions rather on the small side – and I would recommend not asking for more. This is disappointing, more toast and coffee (and fresh coffee at that) at breakfast would have minimal cost and make a far better start to the day. Other review mention the place being run down, I was glad I sleep with my eyes closed as the zebra pattern sheets should have long ago been thrown to the lions (but they were decorating other soft furnishing). But overall the standard of repair seemed very high - I had actually been taken by the number of workmen taking advantage of the low season to repaint the villas and the main building seemed in excellent shape. With charming owners this is a very special place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank LeBristolUK
A TripAdvisor Member
NYC
Reviewed 3 May 2005

The Golden Lemon has taken the phrase " Winter Blues" out of my vocabulary!
Looking forward to going there shortens the period before my departure; and looking back to the two weeks I spent there every year puts a smile on my face until the Springtime.
i have gone there every year for a long time with a group of friends from NYC, Chicago, Detroit, and Columbus; and and we look forward to the Golden Lemon with great anticipation each time a New Year approaches.
The location is magnificent; the sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking!
But, enough of the spritual aspects! to get down to basics--I have as a NYer
eaten in some great restaurants with great meals and gracious service;
The Golden Lemon is right up there with the best; plus great sleeping accomodations.
In the vernacular of The New YorkTimes Critics------****!!!
In the vernacular of The TripAdvisor ***** PLUS!!

• Stayed: February 2005