Just returned from an eleven day trip to St Kitts, I stayed in the Bird Rock Beach hotel and the place was great. The rooms are basic but comfortable, the floors are tile and walls bright my room had a comfortable king size bed and the balcony gave a good sea view. The food was part of the package and was good, the local dishes in particular are worth trying although even the dishes you think you recognize are not quite what you would expect. The staff were friendly and sociable and made the stay very enjoyable, the hotel is in a quieter area (they told me this before I booked) so if you are after night life it may not be your first choice. The beach area is small but there is always room on the beach and the inlet has some of the best snorkeling with a range of marine life including an octopus. All in all a great choice and very enjoyable stay.
As a Diver the highlight for me was the presence of the dive shop on site, the staff were first rate, Tony, Alec, Cpt Crabby and Tucker made the trip for me, the dive sites were first rate and if you go you have to dive the River Taw, a superb wreck site. Good visibility and marine life, we saw turtles, barracuda and some big rays in addition to the tropical fish life. The reefs are pretty remarkable and the staff know them very well, all in all an excellent team and I recommend them (they even arranged an island tour for me, the guide was great and his local knowledge of the islands and their history was remarkable, ask nicely and I am sure they will do the same for you).
Both the Hotel and Dive St Kitts are highly recommended.
If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a secluded cove overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock Beach Hotel captivates you with its tranquil setting and its warm hospitality. Guests have access to a wide variety of water based activities including swimming, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. There are three restaurants including Rocky’s Beach Bar & Grill. The hotel’s 46 air-conditioned rooms are tastefully furnished and include a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, full bathrooms, cable TV, and private balconies with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Kids 11 and under say free when sharing with adults. Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located at the base of the hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shore dives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bird Rock Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bird Rock Beach Resort
- Bird Rock Beach Basseterre
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel St. Kitts/Basseterre