We chose Bird Rock for a couple of days relaxation at the end of a 3 week holiday travelling around Antigua, St Kitts and Nevis. The hotel suited us as it is in a beautiful location and our top floor studio unit with good balcony looking out to sea was spacious and had a ‘kitchenette’. The pool is lovely, large and very clean and the grounds are nicely kept. There were very few other guests so it was certainly peaceful.
We enjoyed our 2 nights but, unfortunately, our overall impression was that this hotel is failing. The staff are good and the whole place is clean but it is obvious that routine maintenance isn’t being carried out; paint is peeling badly, the rooms are getting somewhat tired and some equipment isn’t working properly. The areas that were not open (eg the pool bar, Diana’s restaurant) were messy. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening (we were the only diners) and, frankly, the food was terrible.
We did enjoy our stay and knew that this was a ‘basic’ place before we arrived so were not disappointed. However, there is the potential for this to be an excellent simple hotel in a fabulous location and we hope it is rescued before it is too late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a secluded cove overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock Beach Hotel captivates you with its tranquil setting and its warm hospitality. Guests have access to a wide variety of water based activities including swimming, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. There are three restaurants including Rocky’s Beach Bar & Grill. The hotel’s 46 air-conditioned rooms are tastefully furnished and include a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, full bathrooms, cable TV, and private balconies with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Kids 11 and under say free when sharing with adults. Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located at the base of the hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shore dives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bird Rock Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bird Rock Beach Resort
- Bird Rock Beach Basseterre
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel St. Kitts/Basseterre