“Two lobster tails!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were greeted upon our arrival by Pauline who was kind and friendly and took us to our table overlooking the town of Basseterre. The sun was going down so we got to enjoy the city lights below. My husband had the pumpkin soup to start and I had the shrimp with cilantro. An excellent start. There was also fresh bread with three yummy spreads. For dinner my husband ordered the lobster. To his amazement out came two fairly large lobster tails which melted in your mouth! I enjoyed the grouper and neither one of us could finish our dinner and try the desserts. What an amazing dining experience full of wonderful food and a great wait staff.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

There were 16 of us in our group and we celebrated a friend's birthday one evening. While we enjoy the beach bars/restaurants, it was nice to get away one evening and enjoy and great meal, in a real restaurant. We really enjoyed out evening at Serendipity.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just such a real pleasure to find this restaurant right next door to our Hotel.

Seasonal well prepared, tasty and interesting dishes from a excellent menu from starters to deserts on two consecutive nights both excellent.

Location, ambiance, service all very good and placing this restaurant way up in a class of it's own.

Congratulations to Chef, management and the entire team on an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had the pleasure (out of necessity) to escape "The Canadian Winter of 2014" and spend a glorious week in St. Kitts and Nevis. We stayed at the Ocean Terrace Inn which is right next door to Serendipity Restaurant & Lounge Bar. We could see the veranda of of the Serendipity restaurant from our balcony and commented, several times, that we should go there for a dinner at some point in our stay.

Watching dinners arrive, and sit on the veranda over the harbour, enjoying their meals was a teaser we could resist no longer by day 3 of our stay. We asked the Front Desk to call and make reservations for the next evening. It proved to be an inspired choice.

There is a large dining room indoors, and a long veranda of tables, all of which treat the diner to cooling breezes off the sea, and a fantastic view of the St. Kitts harbour, the far shore and mountain, and the city of Basseterre. The veranda is where one wants to be. The clear vinyl which is for protection from the infrequent showers, and higher breezes but does not detract, at all, from the experience.

Our server, Shirmell, arrived with the menus, and a glass of iced water which hit the spot in the warm evening we were there. Next, while we were making our decision, came a succulent Seafod "amuse-bouche". The decisions were difficult because the menu offered many items the we "Had to Have one of everything", but we did manage to make our selections.

We often find that a full three course meal is a bit too much so ordering an appetizer to share, and then order our own main courses is best for us. We ordered a bottle of Folonari di Venezie Pinot Grigio. We chose the Smoked Norwegian Salmon and Ceviche of Mahi Mahi for our appetizer. Shirmell brought the wine, in a chiller, and poured us a "taster", leaving the bottle in the chiller until the appetizer arrived, then poured a small glass of the wine, leaving the rest to stay chilled.

The presentation of the appetizer was perfect, as were the marvellous flavours of each component. The crispness of the of the Pinot Grigio was a perfect pairing. We had ordered our mains when the wine arrived, and were able to sit back, enjoy the "show" around us, and enjoy the view in the softening evening.

My wife chose the Savoury Baked Supreme of Locally Caught Mahi Mahi which she said was perfect in every way. The fish was well prepared and came with accompanying sauces to allow for exploration of flavours. I chose the Pan Seared Sashimi Yellow Fin Tuna. A nice moment was when Shirmell asked how I would like it cooked, to which I responded, "The way Chef would like it"!! ( I find this is, often best as it gives Chef the opportunity to prepare the meat to be done to its best advantage) This brought a smile to her lips, and what arrived was an absolutely perfectly seared, rare Tuna Steak. Both of our portions of fish were more than adequate, and the side vegetables were done spot on.

Our water glasses were attended to without our needing to seek attention, as was our wine. Service and clearing was done unobtrusively and quietly, and without fuss. We were asked about our enjoyment of the meal, but not interrupted in the process. Shirmell, and host, Pauline, both came to ensure we were satisfied and not in need of anything. Well done.

The menu is extensive, offering a wide variety of salads, appetizers and of Seafoods, Red Meats and Vegetarian dishes. The Dessert offerings looked fantastic, but we cannot speak to any of them as we could not find room to enjoy. We did get permission to return to have dessert, only, but we ran out of time on our stay. We will be keeping that in our bag for our next trip!

All of the items on the menu, and wine list, are quite reasonable for the level of service at Serendipity. In fact, many places of this dining level will triple the retail price of wines offered. Not so, here. To me, that is the best indicator of value to be found on the rest of the menu. In this case, it is true.

I recommend calling ahead, or having your concierge, make reservations. Be sure to ask for a table on the sea side of the balcony. It was hard to pay attention to what was on the plates before us as we watched the Pelicans and Frigate Birds soaring over the Caribbean Sea with the clouds over Mt. Nevis in the distance. Needless to say, our evening at Serendipity was one we enjoyed greatly. It is one of many experiences which will draw us back for more on our next visit to St. Kitts and Nevis.

Until our next visit to the Island, our compliments to Shirmell, Pauline, and the Chef de Cuisine!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Mu husband and I both had a pretty good meal at this restaurant. I had the grilled shrimp, he had grouper. My shrimp was really good, as was his fish. The only problem was, it was so windy, and the waitress (who seemed annoyed) brought down the heavy plastic shade some for me, but I was still fighting not to eat my hair the entire meal. They had ceiling fans, not on, and she said others would get too hot, if she brought it down all the way. A girl next to me, tied her hair back, but it was still flying all over. I would have rather of ate inside, and I guess we should of asked to be moved. The inside area was really small. We really couldn't see the water with this plastic shade down. Go at sunset, as we heard it is beautiful then.