“Tasty food on the beach”

Chinchillas Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Basseterre
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Tasty food on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Nowhere on the strip is going to blow your mind or be the most incredible restaurant you've ever been to, unless you've led a very sheltered life.

We had lunch and dinner here a couple of times. The beef burrito was the tastiest thing I ate in St Kitts and is large enough to share between two for lunch.

It's got a great view and is right on the beach.

Henniker, New Hampshire
“A great place for Mexican Food on the island.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The place doesn't look like much when you go there, but the food was fantastic. The dishes were unique compared to your normal Mexican affair. It it set right out on the beach, and we watched a local catch his dinner from our dining table. Friendly service.

Durham, North Carolina
“Super food, location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We liked it so much, we returned for a second time. Wonderful Caribbean breezes and views as you eat.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fun, but very Kittitian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

e had a good meal here, but being St Kitts they had no white wine in stock, nor coffee. But its beach location makes it well worth a visit.

Visited January 2014
Basseterre, St. Kitts
“Sent me running to the bathroom”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

First time I ate here it was ok, service was slow, and food was meh, but I was hungry. Second time I ate here I got sick about 10-15 mins after finishing my dinner. Luckily there is a bathroom nearby, a disgusting bathroom, but one none the less. I went back again and chalked up my getting sick to be a fluke, but that was a mistake. Same exact symptoms again 10-15 mins after finishing my meal. I found out later that some of my friends I went to dinner with got sick as well. If you want good mexican food, just wait until you go back home. Chinchillas is not the place.

Visited March 2013