“Breathtaking view”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visited on a Wednesday when there was a special for $39. It included a choice of appetizer, main entree, and dessert. For the price, the food was worth it. However, on top of the food was the atmosphere. It was very clean and modern. There was a steel drum band playing which was a nice touch. I would highly recommend going on a Wednesday. Well worth the trip!

4  Thank Robin M

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is way up on a hill, hidden away, but once you get there, it is so beautiful. Go for dinner, but go early and walk around and see how lovely the grounds are. It was not too long a ride from the Marriott and the drive was pretty, too!

We had checked out the menu beforehand and were really looking forward to a delicious meal based on their menu, but once we were seated, we were given a "special" menu for just that night which was extremely pared down and limited compared to their regular menu. I think it was a Wednesday night and apparently the chef doesn't want to be bothered in the middle of the week so instead, he makes up a limited/casual offering menu and if you don't know that until you arrive, you've traveled a long way and might be disappointed. The food was good, but not great. I can't even recall what we had because it was less than memorable.

We had a reservation and there was hardly anyone else there upon arrival, but we still waited for nearly 45 minutes before we were seated. It is an open air restaurant and the bar is awesome. There was live entertainment while we dined and it was good entertainment. Not too loud.

I would recommend going but I would definitely caution anyone interesting in dining there to inquire about the menu before you arrive because that limited menu we were offered was a bit of a letdown since we knew what else they had on any other night. The views kind of made up for the disappointing menu though, especially given the high prices we paid. The bartender was fun and the drinks were delicious. We'd go again if we ever return to St. Kitt's, but it was being developed when we were there so I'd be curious to see how much of that spectacular view remains once all the construction is finished.

I will say that once we were seated, our server was top notch. I would still recommend this place and if you go, go before sunset and check out that sensational view. If dinner isn't your thing, just go for the drinks. Sitting at the bar and looking out at the harbor was enjoyable as well.

1  Thank Wingnut57
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I ran into a friend that we met on our first trip to St Kitts and asked him where to enjoy a date night on this trip. His recommendation of The Pavilion was a home run! In our opinion one of the prettiest settings on the island, and by far some of the best service we have experienced in our travels. We can not thank Marpo, Shawn, Greg, Angie, and Resheeda enough for making our night perfect! We will be back.

1  Thank Scottyw47
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a 6:30 reservation, but arrive about 45 minutes early in order to take in the grounds. I recommend getting there in the daylight to walk around and take pictures, absolutely breath taking. They have spared no expense in decorating The Pavilion - high end everything right down to the floor. It was a quite night, but everything ran like clock work. We had a warm friendly greeting by the bartender and all of wait staff were friendly and efficient. We did not want for anything. We started with the conch fritters and the arugula watermelon salad. Both were fantastic. I had the lobster with truffle fries and pickled tomatoes. The lobster came out of the shell and was so tasty. And the fries, I wanted to eat them all, but stopped myself! My husband had the mahi mahi which was also excellent. We each got a frozen drink which hit the spot. And for dessert, I had the peanut butter pie and my husband had the key lime pie. Again, just wonderful food in the most amazing setting. All around this was just a wonderful date night experience for us in St. Kitts.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The setting is spectacular. We arrived just before sunset and the view was amazing. The entire property is as upscale as you could imagine ... as nice as any Four Seasons (7) that we have been to. The bar, pool, open air dining room, multiple lounges ... all luxurious and well appointed.

The host was very welcoming and charming. The wait staff was also very accommodating and friendly. The effort was definitely there. But the food came very slowly ... I mean very slow! I get the impression that the kitchen and the wait staff needs more mentoring and experience.

The food was good to very good ... with a few exceptions. For apps we had tuna app (very good), conch fritters (excellent) and goat cheese app (good). For entrees we had the steak (very good), swordfish (good), lobster (excellent), jambalaya (very good) and fresh pasta (terrible).

Overall, the experience was very good ... but very expensive. For a family of five, with no booze, we were in for $450 US. Wow. I don't pay that for a trendy place in Manhattan (no alcohol).

Now the warning ... no fans. Open air dining with no air movement at all. By halfway through the meal, the mosquitos were killing us. And, without a breeze, it was hotter than ... you know what.

3  Thank billipp