“Simply Fabulous!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed this restaurant experience!
The grounds are breath-takingly beautiful, so wherever you sit, you feel like you are dining in paradise.
Our first meal was lunch, perched high on the hill overlooking the ocean & Montserrat in the distance. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful... going back & forth several times (and it was quite a trip back to the kitchen!) cheerfully to get detailed information for us about some of the dishes.
I had a mango curried chicken salad which was one of the best meals I had on the island during our two week stay. Everything so fresh & tasty! The dessert was a caramel toffee pie which was undoubtedly created by an experienced pastry chef... it was sublime.
We ventured out for Sunday Brunch on another occasion, and even though it was quite rainy, we were very comfortable seated on an open but covered patio overlooking fish ponds and fountains. We never got rained on. Brunch was excellent and a great value, although our waitress this time was a bit less friendly, the lunch waitress from our previous visit recognized us and was sure to greet us with a cheery "Hello."
Very impressed with the consistently high food quality, generous portions, amazing views, and service mostly very friendly & professional.
(PS we were not staying here at the hotel, but I would encourage anyone to check Golden Rock out for lunch or brunch... you won't be disappointed!)

1  Thank filmartphoto

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I were lucky enough to get reservations for dinner on New Years Eve and we were glad we did. We had stopped by the plantation while touring the island and were amazed at the landscaping around the historic sugar plantation. It is almost magical the way the different varieties of flora are weaved into the relic buildings of the plantations past. Truly a must see for anyone visiting Nevis. We decided to make dinner reservations there for NYE and had a great meal. I had the lamb chops and my wife had a steak. Both were delicious! The coconut cake desert was amazing! It was a beautiful evening and great way to start off the new year. I would highly recommend going there.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Lunch is always a wonderful experience, both food and ambience. Have tried many items on the varied menu and all have been delicious and fresh. Service cheerful and accommodating. A must visit while in Nevis. I bring all my visitors here for a breathtaking experience and have never been disappointed. Long may they thrive!

1  Thank UpDeHill
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The facility was artsy and gorgeous. The setting was amazing, with views to Antigua and Montserrat. I would give the food a 6 out of 10. The service was not that great. We were there on a Sunday evening, and I think there was only one other party in the restaurant. Still, our server seemed somewhat disinterested and definitely impersonable. If they fixed the service issue, it would be worth going back.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We visited for lunch as part of a guided tour of the island but had specifically requested this place for lunch given other recommendations. I think this is probably a better place for lunch than for dinner and heard others say the same. The setting is wonderful - fantastic views out to the sea with some tranquil fish ponds. The cocktails were excellent and whilst we just had sandwiches and chips the food was well cooked and reasonably priced. Our waitress was lovely and we just had an all-round excellent meal.