“Pig Roast night”

Ranked #16 of 56 Restaurants in Nevis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went to the pig roast for the first time and the food, service and ambiance was good, I'm not a big fan of Buffet's as I always think that a 2nd trip is necessary. The selection was diverse with some local selections available, the pork was great. Meal and drinks came to a little more than $400.00 US.

1  Thank solarpowered1

Reviewed 7 August 2014

While on Nevis, we were recommended to check out the pig roast at the Hermitage. The hotel grounds were beautiful, with gorgeous views of Nevis Peak. The food was delicious, and besides the pig there were many side dishes to choose from. It reminded us of Thanksgiving dinner! We did not walk away hungry. The owner was there to give us a brief description of each dish. You can tell he takes alot of pride in The Hermitage and he cares about the happiness of his guests.

2  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Having been to most if the recommended restaurants on the island whilst staying at the four seasons, the hermatige is by far the worst. We waited till wed eve to catch the pork toast that was in fact a let down in pretty much every respect. I will say that I did not do my research in enough detail to work out that there is only one choice of appetiser and desert on pig roast day and that out of the four of us that went to dinner only one ate the appetizer and two ate desert. As for the entree of pig roast with salad, rice, veg etc, this was at best a second rate amateur BBQ effort not to be repeated. I do hope for the owners sake that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding as all other ratings seem ok.. I should note this is only the second time I have used trip advisor but believed it necessary to share my thoughts here. The only other occasion was to sing the praises of a specific hotel in India.

1  Thank Stevegeorge999
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What a pretty little resort with wonderful food! The restaurant has a comfortable and interesting décor with a lot of history. The family that owns the Hermitage is very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

So glad we had the opportunity to attend the Wednesday night pig roast. Just having dinner at a plantation was an experience but to gather with others for cocktails and a pig roast was a great experience. The grounds of the Hermitage are just beautiful and the food amazing. With a mix of traditioanl English and West Indian foods, you won't go home hungry! Very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Saint