“Now this is the Caribbean” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chevy's Calypso Beach Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Chevy's Calypso Beach Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, American, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Jacksonville, Florida
“Now this is the Caribbean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

All I can say is that Chevy is the best chef on the island and everything he prepares is great. We've gone there so much that Chevy and all of the locals that hang out there are our friends! One thing its not is touristy...if you want that you need to go somewhere else. But if you want to get to know the locals and have a laid back Nevis experience that is not like you've experienced before...go here!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank weegl

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Best food on the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Chevy is truly an incredible chef! My son loves the burger, my daughter the BBQ chicken breast, my husband the curry mutton and my favorite are the wings! My favorite day on the beach here includes an ice cold Skol (local beer) and a dip in the ocean! It is just the image we all have of the perfect island beach bar!
As for the locals "bothering you".... Well, I find the locals charming, friendly and always loving. I feel safe with them and quite frankly I am happy to look at what they have to sell. I will buy the memory and a friendship! It is the least we can do to help the economy! Spend time with the locals and you fall in love with the island even more!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Shay H
Windsor, Canada
“Always a good time at Chevy's Beach Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Whenever I go to Nevis, I always make sure I stop by Chevy's for a drink and something to eat.

Chevy is very friendly and serves delicious food. Always made to feel at home and you can't beat that beautiful view!

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“One of out favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Our top priority upon arrival in Nevis is to visit Chevy's. Always a warm welcome. The beer is cold, the food is good, especially the wings, best on the island. Chevy plays the best music, we love to sit, listen to the music, enjoy a breathtaking sunset, have a snack, and enjoy long conversations with Chevy, Amelia and the colorful local folk who pop in and out.
Try his curried mutton if he has any, you will be happy.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank AnnetteG820
Runnemede
“Great spot on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Chevy's is located in heart of beautiful Pinneys beach in Nevis, you can spend the day on the beach, have lunch and drinks in your bathing suit. Chevy's has local dishes, seafood, cold bear and his signature drink is the Pink Panty. Or come by at night for dinner and drinks. And don't forget Karaoke night, a good time is had by all. And tell Chevy I said hello, he is a great guy

• Visited January 2013