We were a little distressed when we arrived at Montpelier due to an unfortunate incident at another hotel and found the peace and tranquillity (at least for the first few days) a delight. Cady, the barman at the Indigo restaurant was wonderful with the most beautiful smile and laugh and the food at the Indigo was great. The disappointment came from the food at the 750 Terrace Restaurant. We are used to fine dining at Michelin starred restaurants in England and were led to believe the food was superb. It actually wasn`t up to its reputation. The set meal is 75 US dollars per head, with three choices of main courses, one being vegetarian, one being some form of meat and the other some sort of fish. My husband found the meal very poor on both occasions that we ate there and my lobster on the last night was only part cooked and really tough. We had ordered wine, and it didn`t arrive, but after a poor amuse bouche and a poor main course, we decided to leave anyway. The indigo restaurant food was another matter, with the pasta to die for, but unfortunately on two nights out of the week it was closed, leaving no alternative but to eat in the Terrace Restaurant. The atmosphere was view was great, pity about the food!!
The other problem was a wedding that took over the bar and pool, leaving nowhere for us to go. It was very disruptive and it would have been nice to have been forewarned so that we were prepared for the noise of the group and realised that it didn`t go on too late. As it was we were left to wonder what time we could expect it to last until. I did feel it was only good manners to inform the residents. Having said all this the place is really good apart from the food. The pool is great and the grounds are great to wander around and play ball with the two labs. If the food was better it would be perfect, but at the price you pay you do expect better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach is an elegant hideaway in the heart of the Caribbean. Nevis is an unspoiled island with stunning natural beauty. Only 6 miles from the beach, the hotel is idyllically situated 750 feet above the Caribbean Sea in the foothills of Nevis Peak. Surrounded by 60 acres of lush tropical gardens and built around one of the island’s original 18th century sugar plantations, this charming getaway is delightfully secluded. Carefully designed to let the fresh sea air and tranquility connect you to a simpler way of life. This unique getaway proudly offers Relais & Chateaux hospitality including fine wine and food with wellness that is both active and relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Montpelier Plantation & Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach Hotel Charlestown
- Montpelier Plantation And Beach
- Montpelier Plantation Hotel
- Hotel Montpelier Plantation
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach Nevis, St. Kitts And Nevis