We had an absolutely wonderful time at the Hermitage.
The service from everyone was so friendly, polite and unassuming and anything and everything we asked for was no trouble at all.
The breakfasts and dinners are to die for and the kitchen had no trouble catering for my vegetarian diet, everything we ate was delicious - the buffet is out of this world!
Our room was simple but beautiful, everything you need and nothing more. I loved our hammock SO much, it was a great spot for watching the monkeys. No there's no AC but it's just a question of acclimatising and the breeze keeps you cool.
We went out on the family boat on day with a couple of other guests and friends and that was the absolute highlight of our trip - snorkeling among the tropical fish was simply wonderful.
The location for some may not be what they are looking for but for us it was perfect - it is so peaceful (except the frogs at night!) - if you don't mind a 15 minute $5ECD trip to the beach and a short walk up a hill then it is absolutely perfect. We are from London so it made sense to go everywhere by foot or local bus and that was very cheap and economical. All the locals are very friendly and it really added to our experience.
We would absolutely love to go back so we will be saving up the pennies. THANK YOU to everyone at the Hermitage for making our holiday so wonderful :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hermitage is a small plantation inn with an excellent reputation for its charm and warm, West Indian hospitality. The guest rooms are like gingerbread cottages and are styled after the old Planter’s house with a tradition of elegant West Indian style, antiques, mahogany four poster canopy beds, and private verandahs, with swaying hammocks, in an orchard like setting of mango trees and tropical plants. The Hermitage offers tranquility and serenity in its peaceful environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hermitage Plantation Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hermitage Plantation Hotel Nevis
- The Hermitage Plantation Inn Nevis, St. Kitts And Nevis