There are few words that can describe how special this place is. We were looking for a small hotel, without lots of activities we didn't want, such as kids clubs, inclusive water sports and evening "entertainment". The Hermitage is a haven away from the troubles of the world. We felt immediately at home as soon as we arrived, and had the best 10 day holiday I can remember. The rooms are wonderful, the beds so comfortable it was hard to get up, and the pool extremely clean and quiet - bliss! The breakfasts are enormous, but you have to try everything from the omelettes to the coconut bread and jonny cakes. ~The evenings are interesting as the bar is visited by many local ex pat residents who's stories are fascinating. Richie is the perfect host, often giving us lifts to places we wanted to go (taxis start at a min of $10 which is a lot for a short journey. We used the local buses which work well as car hire is very costly and not worth it unless you drive a lot. Eating out wasn't easy for me as I'm a vegetarian and a nutritionist by profession. We didn't enjoy Double Deuce at all, surly and dismissive service, food only passable but v. expensive. Oualie beach was much better providing me with some tofu and vegetables cooked very well. Snorkelling with Barbara, the marine biologist was fantastic fun and she is a font of knowledge.
I strongly recommend Nevis, and particularly the Hermitage - it's expensive to visit Nevis if you have sterling so do bear this in mind! We are already saving for a return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hermitage is a small plantation inn with an excellent reputation for its charm and warm, West Indian hospitality. The guest rooms are like gingerbread cottages and are styled after the old Planter’s house with a tradition of elegant West Indian style, antiques, mahogany four poster canopy beds, and private verandahs, with swaying hammocks, in an orchard like setting of mango trees and tropical plants. The Hermitage offers tranquility and serenity in its peaceful environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Hermitage Plantation Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hermitage Plantation Hotel Nevis
- The Hermitage Plantation Inn Nevis, St. Kitts And Nevis