“Interesting history but worried about cleanliness?” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
History and Heritage Bike Tour
Ranked #3 of 24 things to do in Charlestown
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can see the ruins of this grand 18th-century hotel and spa.
atlanta
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Interesting history but worried about cleanliness?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

While it is an interesting story about the Bath Hotel and hot springs, the water and pool just didn't seem clean/sanitary to me. I stuck my feet in for a few seconds. Definitely HOT! Others in our group wouldn't touch the water! It wasn't very big and several locals were in it. The whole place is run down and overgrown as most of St. Kitt's/Nevis is. Too bad. I wish they had the ability to restore and maintain their historic sites.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank treenie12

Runnemede
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The baths are very warm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I was given a tour of the Bath Hotel and Spring House by a good friend who works there. The old building from the 1700's has a lot of history including being the first hotel in the Caribbean. The actual working bath is so hot I could only get my feet in, so I can't verify claims that it heals your aches and pains. They are widening the hot spring coming down from the volcano/mountain. This much warmer than a hot tub.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank rbrown59
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Thermal Water”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Locals use it to relieve muscle pains and aches.
Tried it, it actually works if you can stand the heat.

Visited May 2012
Scarsdale, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“very cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

you only need a few minutes to try the hot springs. we didn't go into the hotel, but it was one of the first hotels in the Caribbean.

Visited April 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Visited the springs, not the hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

We rented a vehicle and did some exploring of our own throughout the town of Bath where we came across these springs (with a little help from a local who was nice enough to give us directions - twice!).

One of the springs was located next to a hot dog place?? or hamburger place, something like that, and we walked a dirt trail to the bath house. I read other "warnings" that locals tend to bathe here, but I didn't see anyone in the bath house (and there are signs posted), but we did see locals bathing in the nearby streams. Didn't bother us.

We tested the springs up to our knees - it was very, very hot, but interesting to experience. If we had had more time, we'd have followed the trails from one spring to the next. It would have been interesting to see them all.

No worries if you lose your sense of direction while exploring Nevis - the locals are wonderful people. Some of the friendliest we've met throughout our Caribbean travels.

Not far from here, back out on the main road and past the roundabout (going towards the windward side of the island) is Rodney's Cuisine. I highly recommend for a wonderful home cooked meal by Rodney, a LOVELY lady who will make you feel as if you are visiting back home after a long absence. We had a plate of the best pulled pork we've ever tasted in our life!!! Highly recommend.

Glad we saw the Bath hot springs.

Visited May 2011