“They do it right” 5 of 5 bubbles

Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
“They do it right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Just left the four seasons in Nevis and everyone in my family wants to stay longer!!! When we arrived at the airport in Nevis there was a cab driver at the door ready to take us to the resort.

Upon arrival at the resort we immediately checked in and were escorted to the villa we had rented. There are 7 of us and having a villa, although pricey, worked best for our family. The villa we were given was beautifully decorated, but faced the golf course, could not see water or mt Nevis. We were disappointed and asked if anything else with a view was available. The woman checking us in found 2 other villas a bit further from resort but glorious views and lively pools. We asked about pricing and she said what she could do to get it lower. We got a lower price and were happy to get it. The next day the housekeeping service moved all our food and belongings to the new house. We were given a six person golf cart for our stay, and didn't mind the 7 minute drive to resort. The kids enjoyed "monkey spotting" along the way.

The dryer in the house we rented was not working. We called villa devices and a service person checked on the problem. Since it couldn't immediately be repaired, the resort said we could send all of our dirty clothes and they would launder them and return them during the rest of our stay. Crazy plus for the 7 of us, no laundry to do!

We used most of the resort activities. Paddle boarding, tennis, kayaking, spa, health club...great for our active family!

The housekeeping service was awesome. My husband went swimming in the pool at our villa and had left quite a large portion of our vacation $ in his swim trunks. After dinner that night we came home to find 3 housekeepers and a security person in the villa. They had found the $ floating in the pool, fished it out and had it drying on the counter when we came home from dinner and were waiting for us to double check with us about the $ they had found and if it was the amount he had "swum" with. The honesty was fabulous!
So glad we came!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Tadr1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We have stayed at the Four Seasons twice in Nevis. It is just an amazing resort. Everything is just perfect. From arrival to the hotel jetty to the whole entire stay. Service, accommodation, food, location, beach, pools in fact absolutely everything. Our children cried when they had to leave. Every morning we were looking out to a clear blue sea with a boat in the distance. Truly magical and extremely relaxing. Just perfect. Truly off the scale for a rating!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

My fiancé and I just returned from 6 days in Nevis and had the most amazing time. It is low season there and we literally felt like we were on our own island. The Four Seasons had the same great service they always do, except it was more focused since we were practically alone. Even at the restaurants (mostly off property) we were one of maybe 4 or 6 people dining there. It was the perfect time for a relaxing in Nevis! I would MUCH rather go someplace when it is slow than when it is packed with people.
The rooms were beautiful, and the property was in amazing shape (down to the gym, beach, bathrooms, bars… everything). Even the ride over from St. Kitts is first class. The best part about Nevis is the people though. Everyone was so friendly! A BIG shout out to Hillary! If you need a cab in Nevis, have the front desk call her (you can even charge your cab ride to the room – tell her Justin Timberlake sent her – which is what she called my fiancé). Hillary was a highlight on our trip. She is such an amazing person with great energy! We called her two nights in a row for different restaurants (we recommend Bananas. Nesbit Plantation, and Golden Rock). There was also our favorite beach guy Jhaidel. He was so nice and always accommodating (always fresh water, cool towels, snacks, and a kind words).
I would go back in a heartbeat and I hope it’s sooner rather than later! We are huge Nevis fans and always love the Four Seasons!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsay654
Tara M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for your post. We are so delighted that you and "Justin Timberlake" enjoyed your honeymoon on your own "private island" of Nevis. We are honored that you selected Nevis from the many beautiful resorts in the world for this special celebration. We are also glad you got around the island to see all it has to offer as you really had it right when you mentioned that the people really make this place. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Your First Anniversary is not too far away!

Best wishes on your new beginnings,
Andrew Humphries
Regional Vice President & General Manager
Four Seasons Resort Nevis
benji_kt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Visited in May during their off season with our 2 daughters. Stayed in the garden villa with a view of the mountain which was a stunning sight and didn't feel like we were missing out on a sea view. Beach is lovely, the sand isn't silicon white because of the volcanic dust in it which doesn't bother me at all as it's perfectly soft. Swimming is very safe for kids off the beach.
Restaurants were all good, the pick of which I thought was the coral grill although neve is probably better value and a lovely setting.
All the facilities were superb and the choice of 3 pools is great. The service both at the beach and by the pools is spot on, neither too intrusive nor too light touch. I read a few reviews that criticised this, but frankly I don't want to be bothered every 20 minutes for my order. My only criticism was the preponderance of other guests who seemed keen to chat at every opportunity. Take an iPod and they'll leave you be.
I thought the rooms were expertly appointed and had everything one needed. The maid service was impecable. Can't comment on the kids club as we were the only family in the resort so our children did't want to attend kids club in their own. All in all I can't fault this resort. The staff were fantastic, most especially with our children who were made to feel welcome even in the Coral grill, the most formal restaurant. price wise it is like every other 5 star resort. If you book a 4 seasons don't go expecting to pay for a Marriott. My only real negative would be that I doubt you could eat on site every night of a 2 week holiday and not get a bit bored. that said the restaurants at the various plantations are very good and no taxi is more than 15 minutes away. The island is indeed very charming and a refreshing change from the hegemony of the over developed islands like Barbados or Jamaica.. Go

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Benji_kt
Newcastle, Saint James Windward, Saint Kitts and Nevis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and i attended dinner in the Coral Grill Restaurant on our wedding anniversary. Besides the food being amazing as you would expect from the Four Seasons, its the service and dining experience that was on a higher level. All the diningroom staff was simply wonderful and made us feel like Kings and Queens. From the specially prepared Anniversary Menu to the complimentary vase of roses for my wife, we couldnt have asked for more from the Resort and its staff. It was simply amazing and we will be back! Thank you!

Michael and Crystal Henville 6-11-12

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael H
Tara M, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Happy Anniversary! So happy you celebrated with us and enjoyed your special dinner at the Coral Grill. Do come again!

Best wishes,
Tara MacIntyre
Director of Public Relations
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I just arrived yesterday afternoon for the start of a 6 nt stay but I have to express how genuinely kind and helpful the staff at four seasons Nevis have been since we arrived. Starting with Michael who met us at baggage to assist us to our van to take us to the Ferry, to Jonathan on the ferry who kept the 151 rum punch flowing! I had water many waters. My husband had my share of punch! I have to mention Melanie who was so kind and respectful. We requested an upstairs room and Melanie escorted us to a downstairs room and I was exhausted and a bit frustrated and I told her I don’t want this room. She said she would help us and asked that we wait in downstairs room while she worked it out. It is so hard for me to relinquish control but I was exhausted and I am thrilled that I let her work on our accommodations. We are now in an upstairs room overlooking the gulf course and we really feel like we are in paradise. Room service last night was delicious and oh my goodness the Chocolate cake is so moist! So props to Melanie and the management of this fine establishment for really helping my husband and me feel like we can really relax and enjoy our next 5 nts.

Room Tip: Corner suites on upper level have large balconies and great views.