“Utterly magnificent resort. Incredible staff. Flawless hospitality.”

Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Last here in 1998-99. I am extremely happy to report that, after TWO major hurricanes, the Four Seasons Resort in Nevis is back. And, dare I say, it is even BETTER THAN BEFORE. Although filled to capacity, there were never any crowds or rush. The beach seems much larger to me, and you sit where you like. The staff were utter perfection - unfailingly polite, kind, helpful. Sunshine's (and the killer bees) is still there, albeit slightly further down the beach. I will return.

Room Tip: Note that if you want an ocean view, you should book an UPPER LEVEL oceanfront room (the lower room...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Having your own home is a delightful way to vacation. Having your own home at the Four Seasons in Nevis makes the stay perfect. Away from the crowds (and when there is a group or several groups there are crowds); a walk down a path or along the golf course to a beautifully staged series of paths and views to the beach. There are 3 beaches...on is very family oriented; one adult and one "quiet" meaning reading or very low voices. We chose option 2. Adult and it was like having our own beach and our own beach attendant. Loved it.

The Four Seasons is gorgeous with incredible views. I don't know if I'd be happy staying on the grounds esp. with the other couples that were with us as I could see inside rooms as we walked from our house through the resort to the beach...not much privacy!

We loved coming back to our home all cleaned up by housekeeping and landscapers daily (though we never cooked; just had a few stocked essentials for drinks, snaks, etc.) We had a plunge pool and an amazing terrace and screened porch. We lived on those. The bedrooms are all lovely, large with giant tvs (never used) great bath products and fresh flowers put out daily.

A golf cart (6 seater) could be had for a bit over $20 a day. We used that cart to go to dinners off the grounds and down the beach quite a bit. We also rented an SUV for the week and explored all the inns/plantations/botanical gardens/Charlestown....and every super market checking out wine.
Loved the Golden Rock especially and if I did not care about the beach (which I do) I'd stay there at least 3 nights. It was just lovely and very ecclectic.

Great fun was had going to Bananas twice, to the Atlantic beaches to walk, the Botanical Gardens with a wonderful Thai restaurant. The one constant on the island was the friendliness of the locals. EVERYONE was so happy we were there and so eager to please.

The Four Seasons staff is incredibly helpful and nice. We ate at Mangos our first night as we arrived after dark. We thought it was good (and a nice band - we were the only ones who danced so I think they appreciated our attention!) but after eating off the resort we never returned to eat again at 4S. There are just way too many local restaurants that were so much fun and had owner/chefs we actually were able to converse with. We returned to several over and over and actually felt like we were all old friends.

There were many children at the 4S when we were there, but having the villa and the adult beach to ourselves, we really did not notice them. We spent more time wondering who owned all the yachts and sailboats that kept coming and going with smartly dressed crew!

Nevis is a beautiful destination and we'd highly recommend it. The positives of 4S are indeed the "toys" - sailboats, paddle boards, small cats, and a friendly sports team on the beach. You won't be bored if you are not a sunworshiper. Lots of trails all over the island to hike and end up with a cold drink somewhere. On the downside it is quite expensive and nothing is "given" so it can add up unless you are totally prepared (ie. taxes etc. were quite high - lots of tipping etc) And a pair of $350 swimming shorts in the shop; that one cracked me up; I told the sales lady the guy would have to wear them to dinner --not go in the ocean and get them WET!

Having a house and car offers more flexibility and sharing it helps with costs. It would be perfect for a family group or as us, a group of friends traveling together. Going off the 4S resort also gives you the opportunity to really see the "other" side with cows and goats right on the roads. Driving was pretty easy even on the left. Hardly any traffic o/s of Charlestown but people do just stop and park anywhere!

Another tip - on the OTHER side of Mangos is a public beach that is rarely occupied and it is a terrific walk with beautiful views and lots of trees and vegetation to the side. There was a man bbq-ing for a catamaran group coming over from St. Kits and he invited us "in" and gave us a taste of everything he was cooking; plus a cold Carib. Did I say the folks on Nevis are extremely nice!

The spa at the 4S is a walk away from the main Great House and very tranquil. We just walked in and were given a tour by an extremely outgoing and happy staff member, but did not use the services. Just being on Nevis is like having a massage daily.

I can't think of one negative to our experience at the Four Seasons except when departing, no one along from 4S seemed to be able to tell those of us with carry ons & boarding passes how to avoid standing in line at the US air desk. Finally I grabbed an airport person and was told to use the stairs or elevator next to the US air desk - takes you straight to security and customs and boarding area. Quick!

Definitely would return to Nevis and 4Seasons! It was perfect in almost everyway.

Room Tip: IF I were staying in a room and not a villa, I'd choose a mt view as people are walking in front...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gracieva
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Spent a week at the Four Seasons Resort in Nevis. It was our first trip to the Caribbean together and we had a wonderful time. The wait staff and hotel personnel were very pleasant and attentive to all of our needs and we had the best time enjoying the local watering holes, bars, and restaurants. I had never stayed at a four seasons before but now I will start looking for them in the areas I normally vacation!
My only regret was that I did not play a few rounds of golf - instead I opted for the award winning spa! This may have been my best vacation to date. I'll let you know after my next stay at a Four Seasons.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank khall26581
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just returned from a 7 night stay at the Four Seasons Nevis for a combined business meeting and winter getaway. The reservation process and travel arrangements were easy and efficient, and every staff member we encountered from start to finish was pleasant, helpful and accommodating. We were met at the airport in St Kitts and ushered via a shuttle van to the ferry which took us right to the resort dock in Nevis. Easy 30 to 40 minute boat ride, made even easier with rum punch.

The resort facilities are understated and very spread out. Our room was large and comfortable and well maintained throughout the week. The bed was soft, but typical for most resorts we have visited. The staff told us that the resort was almost full the weekend of our arrival yet it never felt crowded, except for one day when we were late getting to the beach and most of the chairs were taken. The beachfront is protected by rock jetties so the water was calm and comfortably warm. The sand is not the white sugary sand we have seen in Mexico or on St John's but there was no seaweed or other impurities and the water was very clear.
I played one round of golf on the Robert Trent Jones course onsite and found it to be in good shape and a fair, but interesting layout with amazing views. There are a lot of green vervet monkeys living in the vegetation around the course but they kept to themselves. I would recommend playing after 2:00pm when their twilight rates go in effect ($150 including rental clubs, as opposed to $225 green fees and $75 rental fee before 2:00). My wife played tennis one day in a complimentary tennis mixer event. Otherwise the courts are $35 or $40/hour to use.
Which brings me to my one complaint, the cost of everything is exorbitant. Breakfast for 2 runs $75 to $90. They charged $6.35 for a local beer that was $2 at a local place just down the beach and I don't think we spent less than $150 for any dinner for the 2 of us. I know it's a Four Seasons Resort in an exotic location but it got to be a little ridiculous after awhile.
We had dinner at Mangos (on the property), at Bananas, Coconut Grove, Nisbet Plantation and at Lime. Tried the Killer Bee drinks at Sunshine's, just a short walk from the hotel. The seafood buffet at Nisbet was outstanding but again about $350 for 4 people, not including a $40 cab ride from the hotel. We also went on a hike up Nevis mountain one day and went on a catamaran snorkel trip from the hotel. The snorkeling was pretty disappointing compared to previous destinations such as St John's or Hawaii. Very few fish and little color to the coral formations.
Overall, a relaxing destination tended by wonderful staff in an exotic location...at a high price.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kctravelguy
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Our first trip to the Caribbean and we are definitely going back. The resort hits on all points and especially warm and friendly service. Everywhere you go you are greeted by genuine warmth and accommodation. "Yes, of course" was heard over and over again and nary a "No". What we loved besides the unparalleled service: the lushly landscaped grounds, comfortable rooms with large bathrooms filled with fluffy towels, multiple pools and expansive beach with ample lounging and discrete friendly attendants, clear warm safe water perfect for snorkeling, a sports center offering everything you could imagine including sailing, paddle boarding, snorkeling gear and more (all non-motorized activities inclusive), great paved and vigorous hiking paths along the 18 hole golf course, very well equipped fitness center, and multiple very good to excellent onsite dining options. What we didn't like: the resort is 'family friendly' and the children are in abundance. Breakfasts in the Neve dining room were often chaotic with kids running around the buffet stations punctuated with screeches and wails. No kid free zone was available. Nothing out of the ordinary but you have to be prepared to enjoy your fellow guests' children. Friends staying on the resort with us had to move rooms because of the noise that often came through POORLY sound proofed rooms. SO BEWARE, if you are looking for a quiet and kid free vacation, this is NOT your place. At least, you must ask for a room away from the family friendly rooms and pools. We found the adult only section of the resort acceptable (ask for the South part of the resort), but breakfast is a free for all and unavoidable unless you want room service. One more point: this is an expensive resort, a light lunch by the pool for 2 will set you back $80 or more. Dinner without wine will typically run $150 - 200/ 2 people. The service component and location softens the price bite. Overall, we would come back despite the occasional annoyances of rowdy children, oblivious parents and the rarefied prices.

Room Tip: Adult only South End if you want to avoid the family fuss. 2nd floor have better views of the sea...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Beautiful hotel with wonderful,friendliest staff. They make sure you have the best vacation ever! It is difficult to get there and it is pricey but,when you are there, you realize I is all worth it! Definitely going back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I just returned from a week long vacation at FS, Nevis. The service was excellent and the entire staff was eager to please and very pleasant and professional. Garrett, one of the managers couldn't have been nicer and was genuinely interested in making sure our stay was a pleasant one. Our suite ( after we were moved) was absolutely beautiful but from what we understand there were only two suites of this caliber and we paid additional for an upgrade to this suite. The first suite we checked into was disappointing from room design to actual product. I know the hotel has been through some difficult times but the money and thought they put into these rooms is not enough and not of Four Seasons caliber. Of course this did not affect our stay due to more expensive upgrade.
The beach experience was great and the hotel does a good job of separating families/kids from couples with room locations. If you are traveling without kids request a room near Reflecting Pool.
We enjoyed the food, service, ambiance at Mango. The service in the Cabana restaurant both times we ate there was very slow.
There were a few groups in the hotel while we were there. All in all, the hotel did a good job of separating out the individual experience from group but sometimes you can't help but notice and be impacted.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
The Mount Nevis Hotel
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!