Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Golden Rock Inn(Charlestown)
1,591 results
All reviewscoral grillgolf coursemangofour seasons resortkids clubadult poolreflection poollibrary barboat ridetennis courtsbeach staffflavored waterst kittsmonkey tourwater sportsmountain viewbeach cabana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family and I recently spent 1 week at your Nevis resort and I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality of the hotel and service. The hotel did not meet the standards that I am used to for Four Seasons Hotel. It is clear that management has not invested money on the property, as it is run-down. The staff seems so unhappy and disgruntled. They were actually rude. The beach is not beautiful at all. The Kids Club is disappointing. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank rcc28
Diego_Stembert, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear rcc28:
Thank you very much for taking time to give us your comments in regards to your recent stay here at the resort.
Let me express my most sincere apologies if you felt that the quality of the hotel and service in general were not up to the standards expected.
As mentioned on the email I sent you yesterday, I look forward to personally connect with you and be able to receieve some more detailed feedback about your stay.
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We just stayed a week and loved every minute of the stay. Everyone is so friendly and try very hard to please you. We enjoyed the golf even though it is a hilly course and loved the tennis time. Sven the GM, Garrett our guardian angel, Reginald and Ruthlyn at the spa and Kerry at reception desks where especially helpful. Looking forward to going back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I just returned from a one week stay at the Four Seasons Nevis. This was my second visit to the property (the first was off-season) Overall, it was a great experience, and much better service than during the off-season. But I rate it four stars because the service still definitely fell short of other Four Seasons hotels and resorts. So in the grander scheme of hotel ratings, it's probably a 5, but if you are used to the Four Seasons Hawaii properties, Asia, city properties, etc, you'll feel that this property isn't quite up to par.

The pluses: The property is gorgeous, peaceful and well maintained. We had excellent beach side service from the lovely attendants. There is a great selection of restaurants. There are quiet pool and beach areas, in addition to more active areas for the families with kids. Generally speaking, staff were attentive and aimed to please.

The detractors: We had a number of snafus during our stay (mix up with the room, undercooked meals, very delayed meal service at both beach and room service, mixups with the concierge, mixups with the bill, etc.). In each case, the resort resolved the issue, but it just felt like it was one thing after another after another. Overall, service was hit or miss-- it was either true Four Seasons excellence, or mediocre as if the staff couldn't care less. At any other property, this would be expected. But it felt under par for a Four Seasons, especially when we were paying thousands of dollars a night.

While in the context of the "Four Seasons experience" the property falls short, it's still a great resort and probably still some of the best service in the Caribbean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Had a fabulous holiday here in Oct 2013. (First opportunity to review)! We really like this resort for its choice of restaurants, swimming pools, great beach and friendly service. The breakfast buffet selection is phenomenal with a team of cheerful staff meeting every need, freshly squeezed juices, pancakes, kids stuff etc. It's a large resort with many facilities. I had some lovely treatments in the spa and we used the gym daily, which is very well equipped. Our room was partial sea view, as per their tariff, good sized room with a small balcony. Excellent housekeeping team. The three hotel pools are very good - constant supply of complimentary iced drinks and even suntan lotion if you need it. Best to take mosquito spray for the evenings. The Caribbean sea is just so calm and in the evenings like a pond. We undertook PADI diving course and qualified with a team of great dive instructors. The hotel lives up to the photos on the website - it's a large resort with golf course and private chalets around the course. The layout of the hotel means some of the rooms are far from reception, so worth asking for a closer room if don't want a long walk. There is also a well stocked shop in the hotel complex. Circa $20 return taxi into Nevis town centre, a few shops - but very limited. We went to some of the other hotels for evening meals, which I recommend - the concierge team are all geared up with information of where to dine on the island and even daily menus for the other restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We recently stayed at the FS for 9 days with our kids and absolutely loved it. My kids said it was the best trip ever! My daughters are 12 and 18.
First let me say that the grounds are so beautiful and we loved how the property was spread out. The FS told us they were at full capacity but you never would know it. We loved eating at all of the restaurants on the resort. We also loved Bananas and Coconut Grove as off resort places to eat.
There are so many activities for your kids to do and the beach is great. My husband and I have traveled quite a bit and felt that it was a great place to bring kids. If I were traveling with just my husband, I may choose a different resort.
The rooms were so beautiful and clean. We were at the end of the resort so we didn't have the foot traffic people talked about going by our room. We loved being on the ground level because we could just walk out our door and be at the beach or pool in seconds.
The service was great, not the best I've experienced but we didn't have any issues. The staff got to know who we were and were very pleasant and friendly. I have also read reviews regarding it being expensive. It was expensive but we felt it was worth it. It's easy to spend $300 on dinner. Lunch for 4 is about $140, breakfast would depend how you eat.
I would definitely recommend this resort. We have traveled to Jumby Bay (several times), One and Only - Cabo, Little Dix Bay, etc. and we thought that Nevis was a Gem. We are looking forward to returning next year.
Thank you FS for a great trip!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family