“What a great 8 days!!!!! The staff and resort are fantastic. Take the golf cart monkey tour>”

Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a great stay. If you want to experience a great resort on a secluded island this is it. Four Season staff was great, Coral Grill Lobster the best we had, Resort is so big seemed almost empty. Great Breakfast as well. Make sure to visit the great plantation restaurants. A lot of people liked Sunshines but not our type of place. Take the snorkel trip FANTASTIC>

Room Tip: Ocean view works just fine, but the real value is mt. view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank N L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I are big Hawaii addicts but we decided to adventure out and try FS Nevis in the West Indies. It exceeded our expectations and had an incredible time. It is easy to get to from Miami and the FS ferry is top line. They make traveling so easy and relaxing! The water sports department is incredible and very friendly and accommodating. They booked us for a fishing trip within two hours from when we asked for one. Also, after we caught red snapper, grouper, and butter-fish they brought it to the Cabana for the chef to talk to us on how we would like it prepared for dinner. Our dinner that night was incredible! They also don't nickel and dime you and all non-motorized water sports( snorkeling, paddle-boarding, etc) are complimentary! I also really liked how they had two sides for the beach- one side is for families/kids and the other side is for adults. They also have wonderful food especially at Mango and the Cabana. The alcoholic drinks at the beach/pool/bar are delicious! The Mango Margarita, pitcher of Sangria at the beach, Carib, Pina Colada and Mojito. I also love how close the resort is to the local bar/restaurant Sunshines. You can walk there in 5 minutes from the beach for a nice lunch and/or dinner.I was worried about going during June due to hurricane season starting but we had great weather and the hotel was populated but not over-crowded or busy. At times we had the beach or adult pool to ourselves. Overall we had an incredible trip and we look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler303030
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Just back from a perfect 5 nights at this resort. Staff were incredibly attentive and paid attention to the small details that made the experience memorable. Everyone from the water sports staff, to the restaurant staff, beach team and the housekeeping staff were a credit to the hotel and the brand. We will definitely be returning. This place is top notch!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Graeme M
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

To start, I will admit that my last Four Seasons experience was on the Big Island of Hawaii, an elegant, stunning resort with amazing service. The resort in Nevis is 22 years old, the service is spotty, sometimes very good, sometimes not so great. My experience started off about a month ago when I thought I might be able to reach the resort by email or through their facebook page. The response I received from my one fb message came three weeks afterwards. Most of my emails were never responded to unless I sent them a few times. Calling the hotel was another disappointment. I received different information about my reservation, about excursions, etc based on the individual I spoke to.

The front desk was the best, most reliable option, they were typically very friendly and professional. Except that after confirming a room preference I ended up having issues that had to be resolved the day before I arrived (big red flag). Only one of five of the concierge team provided accurate information about excursions and other details. For example, I was originally told by multiple staff members that my boat transfer back to the airport upon my departure would leave at 5am. It wasn't until staff at the front desk told me the day before my departure that I needed to be on the boat at 4 am and have my luggage ready to be picked up by 3am. That's a pretty important detail to get right!

On the first night, I had issues with the room AC. The first night it was clunking *loudly* so I hung out in my room the first evening to see if it could be fixed or if I needed to move to another room. It took two service visits to fix. Surprised that no one had noticed or reported that issue before I arrived. It was eventually fixed but on the third day the AC would randomly shut off which resulted in a very hot room. The room itself was very clean with the exception of a very old dead frog that was on the balcony during my entire stay. The old tile could be replaced, otherwise, the room was nice, nothing like the other Four Seasons resorts I had visited though.

Room service was very good, the orders were always correct and on time. The staff taking orders were very accomodating allowing for half orders. The pool service was inconsistent though. The first food order I had received was not correct. Some pool staff were amazing, other staff hung out together under their huts and paid no attention to the guests setting up their own chairs at the pools. The pool chairs, chair cushions and pillows in addition to the railings around the property had bird droppings...everywhere.

Spa service was very good although the spa staff was MIA. The showers in the spa were teeny tiny. The outside area at the spa was beautiful, particularly the sitting area by the cold pool. When I checked in to the spa I had mentioned that I would like to order a meal from the spa menu and hang out after my spa appt, however, I could not find any staff member to place an order with and no menu. Locating the spa and gym are a bit complicated. I found a route through a staff parking lot but I would think there had to be a different way to get there.

The water sports (operated independently) was very good. Great service. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards, reasonably priced wave runners (I recommend a 15 minute test drive). Like most of the previous reviews mentioned, the beach is not amazing. Dark sand, murky water. The adult pool made up for it though. The water was great- very very clean, nice temperature. Great setting but you can not see the beach even though the pool is very close to the beach.

One more thing to take into consideration is the corporate groups vs the guests. If I were managing the hotel, I would consider that these young, corporate groups are guests not paying for their trip (their company was covering their trips). They will most likely choose to go to a resort with a nightclub/bar scene vs return to the quiet Nevis resort. The other guests who are more likely to return are the guests who should receive the priority service.

Room Tip: Second story in bldg. 9 or 10 by the adult pool is quiet but a bit of a hike.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank KEWLBEANS
Ed_Gannon, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear KEWLBEANS,

Thank you for such a detailed review of your stay. It is comprehensive and provides us with certain areas of focus. We do strive to exceed our guests expectations and it is clear we fell short for your stay. I am sorry to hear of that. We are aware of the a/c issue of course but I am disappointed to hear you had several issues which we were unaware of and the ultimate negative impact it had on your stay.

I would love the opportunity to discuss further if you have the time to connect with me through the resort. I do hope we get to speak.

All the best,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We loved this place! It is top notch in so many ways. Everything was superior, and especially the service. We went with a company awards club trip, and 300+ of company companions. Service never failed. We stayed over extra days for some private time, and total 7 nights. Again, all was top quality. We ate at all the property restaurants with great experience. Didn't need to leave, but we like to explore, and found 3 off-premise dinners (excellent), 2 for lunch, and found a fun bar to hang nearby. Do dress appropriately, as most everywhere is open-air. Loved the place, it is a long way getting there, but so glad that we made the trip.

Room Tip: Select the ocean front rooms for a special experience.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are looking for the best service and an amazing location, look no further. Hands down this has been the best Caribbean guest experience in my entire life. The four seasons staff knows what they are doing and they value their staff and guests. Plenty of different dining options (yes, they are pricey). Be ready to budget accordingly. I kept on telling everyone, "have you noticed that EVERY staff member completely stops what they are doing to say hello?" This is the amazing attention to detail that staff has here. They are always cutting and grooming the landscape and their property is immaculate. Have a drink and or lunch at Mangos - lovely view. Love the fact that our non motorized aquatic sports were included. The staff here was superb as well. There's not much of a party life unless you are with a special group or really go out of the way to find it. But truth is you don't need that in this oasis of relaxation. Remember to include a spa treatment. Both of us had an amazing massage! Rooms are quite bright as they allow natural sunlight to enter the rooms so ensure they give you a cover for the eyes which they did!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FIUPANTHER
Alexandria, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

"A guest never forgets the host that treated him kindly" Homers quote could best be applied to this resort! The team at The Four Seasons Nevis is only too happy to welcome you to their home. Our group took over the resort which was a huge undertaking logistically. The Four Seasons team saw the event to it's successful end this past week. Great vacation spot for personal and group travel alike. Definitely earned a 5 Star rating! Thank you for a memorable trip!

Room Tip: Couldn't decide if I liked the ocean view or the Mtn view the best. The view of Mt Nevis is qu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
The Mount Nevis Hotel
Ocean Terrace Inn
#2 of 5 in Basseterre
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!