“A true Caribbean Getaway”

Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlestown
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I am a huge Four Seasons Fan, and this is one of my favorites in their portfolio- and overall hotels in the Caribbean. The experience was incredible and very well appointed villa thanks to a 4th night free promo that we did back to back for 8 nights) made our awesome 3br 3ba with pool less than two regular rooms. Once you are ushered through the airport to the shuttle and ferry with rum punch, you are transported to a fantastic little slice of paradise. Villa guests are whisked away by golf cart, which is left for you to use during your stay... and checked in right in your living room with drink in hand.

All the staff were incredible, especially Angela our villa manager. Food prices at the resort and nearby beach restaurants are high (like comparable resorts). Skip the $20 burger in a shack and have a taxi take you 5 minutes down the road for more local fare and a grocery store. In the villas, the grocery stocking prices were extremely reasonable as were the liquor and beer costs. Saved us a ton compared to the restaurants (more than 75%). The on-site beach bar, formal restaurant and oceanfront restaurant were all fantastic. Kid friendly, if well behaved. Mainly couples at this resort, but saw a lot of families having a ball. It's a safe secluded area.

My only complaint, if I had to find one, is that the volcanic sand is a little gritty in a couple places. That being said, that's a real reach to find anything wrong. The water is crystal clear, bright blue and the beach service was incredible. (Sorbet and flavored water delivered to your chair every hour to cool you down, why not!)

Nevis itself is small and the people are wonderful. Don't expect crowds, nightlife or tacky generic "pirate ship dolphin cruise water show" type things. Like all Caribbean islands, there is a wide range of economic statuses represented. The concierge arranged for a van tour for our small group and we spend a fantastic day exploring the island's former sugar plantations, mills, agriculture, gardens, local hang outs and history. The island won't captivate you in terms of history for much more than a day- thankfully the reef at the resort is incredible and stole the show for us. Not quite Grand Cayman scale, but we saw over 30 species of fish, eel, turtle, etc in about an hour. We did take the ferry over to St. Kitts for the day and did some garden touring, but we were happy to return to our island home on Nevis that night. Highly recommend a massage in the amazing little gingerbread treatment rooms or on the beach. Just divine. Can't wait to return.

Relaxing, low-key, true get away that makes you want to unplug and be pampered. Highly recommend to anyone sick of Hawaii and the hustle bustle of other over developed islands.

Must do: Golf Course Sunset Tour to see the Monkeys (amazing), Snorkel, Massage, Take a cab to have dinner in the sugar mill and order the wine pairing

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a group or family, I highly recommend the villas. All rooms are spacious...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank WildBlueTravel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Room condition was always clean and fresh. Room service was very efficient and dilligent. They came once a day to clean and back again at night to turn down the beds. Food at the different restaurants on site was creative, healthy and fresh. Personnel was extremely polite and always addressed us by name. The whole stay was very personal and absolutely memorable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had an amazing one week stay at the Four Seasons. Great location, amazing personalized service. Even the hotel dining, though not inexpensive as was expected, was excellent. Fantastic tennis facilities as well

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank liketoeatWestchester
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I just returned from the Four Seasons Resort on Nevis and while the property itself is beautiful, the staff is what makes the difference. There are four restaurants, three beach areas, three pools, and plenty of activities. Equipment rentals of snorkels, kayaks, paddleboards, etc. are free for 2 hours on the beach. The hotel staff was able to have bicycles dropped off for a day around the island (and had water and cold towels waiting for us at our return), and the spa and tennis courts are nicely appointed. The staff provided trail maps and told us the best time to go (between 4:30 and 5) to see the island's vervet monkeys.

The only drawback to the resort is getting there. There's only one small airfield on the island, so most travelers must go through neighboring St. Kitts, and take a taxi, then a ferry to the island. That said, Four Seasons has this down to a science, met us at the airport, handled our baggage, and had everything delivered to our rooms by the time we checked in.

Room Tip: Adults traveling without children should ask for rooms numbered 600+ as they are on the south part o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam L
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Travelling in the Caribbean is always stressful and chaotic. Four Seasons therefore came as an oasis of bliss and I was blown away by their level of service (such as being greeted by name by the cleaner half an hour after I had checked in). Given that I was in Nevis on a brief business trip, another little touch I really appreciated was their private ferry - offering complimentary fruit punch (or rum punch, but at 6am it seemed a little early) - and escorted taxi to St Kitts airport so that I could be in good time for my flight. I only wished I could have brought my children.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booked through Amex Platinum fine hotels and was upgraded from a deluxe oceanview room to a plantation suite - FRONT OFFICE. Through Amex fine hotels you also get complimentary breakfast buffet which was SPLENDID and about $50 value per person per day. The fitness facility was great and never crowded and also with free flavored water and cold towels. We spent most of our time at the REFLECTION adults only pool which was great - they are generous with flavored water, smoothie samples, and cold towels ALL DAY LONG.

Aside from a C-SUITE breakfast, dining at the resort is OK. Coral Grill was very good. Mango has an interesting menu (almost every dish has some sort of fruit in it which is not my taste) and has a great view where you can see glowing barracudas at night. The pool area dining is SLOW. PAINFULLY slow. We went there two nights and it took, honestly, 25 minutes for them to pour my wife a glass of wine.

I didn't discover the library bar until the 2nd to last day. They have ELITE drinks and the complimentary nuts and chips are DELICIOUS.

Off resort there are a few local spots that are a few minutes walk down the beach. At the place called LIME everything is $20. So I got spiny tail lobster (UGH!) and my wife got a veggie wrap both priced the same. We both liked our meal there. I also went to SUNSHINES one day for lunch and had some of the TASTIEST wings I have ever had in my life. GRILLED and JERK FLAVOR. $8 for wing plus $2 CARIB BEERS, I could have eaten there daily.

Overall, I would definitely go back. Did not have time to golf, but course looked tough - we took a tour on a golf cart to see the monkeys. We also heard of other guests talking of a restaurant called Coconut Grove off resort where you could charge your meal to your 4S account.

Drink as many rum punches on the boat to and from St. Kitts as you can and have a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my third visit to this resort, but I hadn't been there in a few years. The grounds are beautiful, the beach and the pools are perfect. The service is great, although a bit slow at the restaurants. The food and drinks were excellent, but the Coral Grill was much too warm. I don't know if it's always like that or if it was just a particularly warm and humid night. I went to the spa twice and had a wonderful and very relaxing experience. There are fun water sports to take advantage of, and the staff there is extremely helpful. My kids had a blast!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank margomcd5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies? Share your experiences!