I am a huge Four Seasons Fan, and this is one of my favorites in their portfolio- and overall hotels in the Caribbean. The experience was incredible and very well appointed villa thanks to a 4th night free promo that we did back to back for 8 nights) made our awesome 3br 3ba with pool less than two regular rooms. Once you are ushered through the airport to the shuttle and ferry with rum punch, you are transported to a fantastic little slice of paradise. Villa guests are whisked away by golf cart, which is left for you to use during your stay... and checked in right in your living room with drink in hand.
All the staff were incredible, especially Angela our villa manager. Food prices at the resort and nearby beach restaurants are high (like comparable resorts). Skip the $20 burger in a shack and have a taxi take you 5 minutes down the road for more local fare and a grocery store. In the villas, the grocery stocking prices were extremely reasonable as were the liquor and beer costs. Saved us a ton compared to the restaurants (more than 75%). The on-site beach bar, formal restaurant and oceanfront restaurant were all fantastic. Kid friendly, if well behaved. Mainly couples at this resort, but saw a lot of families having a ball. It's a safe secluded area.
My only complaint, if I had to find one, is that the volcanic sand is a little gritty in a couple places. That being said, that's a real reach to find anything wrong. The water is crystal clear, bright blue and the beach service was incredible. (Sorbet and flavored water delivered to your chair every hour to cool you down, why not!)
Nevis itself is small and the people are wonderful. Don't expect crowds, nightlife or tacky generic "pirate ship dolphin cruise water show" type things. Like all Caribbean islands, there is a wide range of economic statuses represented. The concierge arranged for a van tour for our small group and we spend a fantastic day exploring the island's former sugar plantations, mills, agriculture, gardens, local hang outs and history. The island won't captivate you in terms of history for much more than a day- thankfully the reef at the resort is incredible and stole the show for us. Not quite Grand Cayman scale, but we saw over 30 species of fish, eel, turtle, etc in about an hour. We did take the ferry over to St. Kitts for the day and did some garden touring, but we were happy to return to our island home on Nevis that night. Highly recommend a massage in the amazing little gingerbread treatment rooms or on the beach. Just divine. Can't wait to return.
Relaxing, low-key, true get away that makes you want to unplug and be pampered. Highly recommend to anyone sick of Hawaii and the hustle bustle of other over developed islands.
Must do: Golf Course Sunset Tour to see the Monkeys (amazing), Snorkel, Massage, Take a cab to have dinner in the sugar mill and order the wine pairing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis. A tropical oasis located lifetimes away from the hustle and bustle of the Caribbean-flush with sugar-soft beaches and sweeping vistas of rainforest, discover equal parts serenity and tropical adventure around every bend. Set off to the little-known island of Nevis and escape to the farthest reaches of your imagination. Here, the island is your oyster. Tee off by sunset at our Robert Jones-designed golf course, catch your own lobster for dinner or fall asleep along a beach of your choosing. How it plays out is up to you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies Hotel Charlestown
- Four Seasons Hotel Charlestown
- Four Seasons Charlestown
- Four Season Nevis
- Charlestown Four Seasons
- 4 Seasons Nevis
- Four Season Hotel Nevis
- Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies St. Kitts And Nevis