“How to unwind”
Review of Palm Island

More attraction details
Owner description: This small island has recently become a popular resort destination with great beaches.
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We wanted to say a big thank you to the team at Palm Island resort. The holiday from start to finish was the holiday of a lifetime we had hoped for - we visited in Aug for my wife's 50th birthday with my 2 daughters of 18 & 22. The experience of actually getting to the island was all part of the unique experience and one not to forget. From the greeting by Horace and the team with Rum punch on the dock on arrival to the same personal farewell when we left, the personal touch made the holiday. Things not to miss are the trip to Tobago cays on the pink lady - swimming with the turtles was described by my 18 year old daughter as one of the best days in her life! Thank you Anthony for your concern as i fell off the kayak - it really was intentional - honest!
Things to change? none! Things not to change - No TV's as this further allowed total unwinding from the real world - great idea! Not sure when we will be back but we certainly will be at some point and the fact this is the first place I have really said this about says all that is needed. Stayed in the island loft and being able to lie back in bed with the double doors open looking out across to union island with the only sound that of the ocean was awesome! Thank you Horace and team - especially Anthony and Alex (who my daughters I think wanted to take home with them) & Margaret all of whose smiles lit up the day! Adults only added to the total unwind feeling so don't come here if you want to party hard but DO if you want total relaxation and unwinding.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We moored just off palm island and had a great time snorkelling there
Mooring was great and easy, islanders were a delight

1  Thank MarkieJ64
Reviewed 22 May 2013

just wanted to say a big thank you to all the staff at palm island. also a big thank you to cecila (sorry if i spelled it wrong) for making my wedding day perfect. The food was excellent due to a superb chef. A special mention to jacko the security guard, he would take the time to chat and tell us the history of the island. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we got off the boat. I would definitely recommend palm island.

2  Thank julie66_13
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Palm island provided us with the most relaxing vacation we ever experienced. We went over Easter break and I a little worried it might be a long drawn out trip, but it went surprisingly well.we were treated like royalty the entire time, from the dock straight through to the all to quick departure.the staff is exemplary,the food superb and the weather perfect.i loved the no t.v. Or telephone, although it was easy to call home to check on everyone not fortunate enough to accompany us.there was so much to do, like hop a boat to swim with the turtles, or ride a bike around the island or just go from the clear cool waters of the ocean to the crystal clear water of the pool. You could do absolutely everything you like or nothing at all. The staff is what made this nirvana, however. Not only dd they greet you like family, but they assisted to your every need as well. If you are in need of a quiet, quiet, quiet vacation to rejuvenate, this is the place! But, please don't come if you want to party Loudly, because people here want to relax! This is probably the only place we will return to. Thank you all for that!

1  Thank Mary G
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Our week long trip to Palm Island on March 18th was amazing. The island only accommodates about 95 people so it truly feels like your own private island and you are often the only people on the beach. Horace and Cedric, the managers, were both ever present, asking how we were, and making sure everything was perfect. It was refreshing to see such hands on management. From the minute we landed in Barbados there was a Palm Island representative by our side. In fact, when we left Palm Island our luggage missed the plane out of Union Island and when we landed in Barbados we had a very brief layover. I was sure our luggage was lost. A representative from St. Vincent Grenadines Tourism, Dorothy Hinds, called the Palm Island representative (Frances, I think) and she was at the gate within minutes. She retrieved my luggage from the next Union Island plane and hand delivered it to the gate where it was carried on to the AA flight. Where and when has this ever happened to you before? The entire staff, from the boats men who delivered us to the island, the groundskeepers who maintain the pristine environment, the housekeepers, wait staff, chefs- everyone went beyond to make this a unique piece of paradise. All four of us were especially grateful for Shanique, Alex, and Margaret’s extra care.
I have been traveling to islands around the Caribbean for over 20 years and I can assure you there is only one Palm Island. We are all looking forward to returning to Palm Island as soon as possible!

1  Thank penni2