Just returned from an amazing fun filled time at Buccament Bay. The villas are fabulously spacious and ideal for a family, allowing us all a little privacy. House keeping from Joyce was superb who always provided anything you ever asked for. Why moan about the mini bar not being re-stocked when a short walk from your villa every conceivable drink is available?
The pools are fabulous at fifty metres in length and plenty of space to relax, however the ludicrous habit of guests to reserving seating by the pool from 7am shouldn't be allowed, but hey it made us move to the beach which was actually a nicer place to be with such gorgeous views and fabulous attentive beach bar staff. Lionel and Brod being our favourites, always keeping us well stocked up with our Guava Cava's
The sushi Bar at lunch time was superb with amazing fresh platters made before our eyes. Alternatives for lunch was a buffet with freshly made BBQ serving meats and fish. Why wait for al la carte when fresh food is being prepared in front of you? Jacks for dinner served the ultimate steaks. We celebrated my birthday whilst there with a wonderful private dinner with our friends in the wine cellar. The most memorable birthday ever!
HQ was a fantastic alternative for breakfast for great smoothies, coffee's etc. along with delicious cakes and pastries as well as serving crepes and ice creams throughout the day which were enjoyed by all.
Having Pat Cash, Warren Gatland Kel, Rob, Charlotte and all the other pro sports coaches on hand was the icing on the cake. Great to pick up a racquet after many years and to be coached by the best whilst having so much fun along the way. Fun filled times for teenagers to play rugby, football, tennis and yoga and a perfect way for them to make friends to hang out with.
The Friday night complimentary cruise was fantastic with a made to order sunset, with whales and dolphins swimming along side the boat.
Great diving and water sports were available from the beach. Take a glass bottom boat trip and go snorkelling.
The resort has undoubtedly been affected by the flooding but is striving to get back on top. There were those who seemed to thrive on complaining about trivial issues to which the staff always strived to resolve
One wonders just how these guests survive in normal day to day life.
Michael the resort manager was charming and efficient as was his front desk team. Diana and Alaska looked after our needs particularly well.
This is the Caribbean and things move at their pace. Let your hair down, chill out and just enjoy yourself as having travelled the world extensively including most of the Caribbean I can honestly say this is a truly wonderful relaxing place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please be advised that Buccament Bay Resort has temporarily closed and plans to re-open in spring 2017 after refurbishment. The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines