This was my first experience with an all-inclusive, and it was well worth the money. We were there in february. The 2 unit bungalows were a nice surprise, and very well appointed. Sitting area, dining table, coffee/drink area, good size bedroom, walkin closet, and large bathroom with soaker tub and separate shower, add to the the deck and plunge pool for each unit. This alone was miles above a normal hotel room. The bedroom/bathroom was the only room with ac, but the island breeze and fans kept the other rooms nice.
Add to that the white sand beach, infinity pools right off the beach, wonderful food, and friendly helpful staff. The Bay beach club bar is open air as usual for an island restaurant, but was right next to the pools and beach to make beach/pool service very easy. Jack's steakhouse was very nice, fully air conditioned (so bring a light sweater), and everything was very well cooked. There were some reviews that said that some items are extra, but we didn't find anything that wasn't included. We didn't try the sushi, and never saw a menu for this, but was happy with the rest of the food. The Indian is very mild. Service may seem slow compared to US, but this is more in line with island time and the concept that they will not rush you like going to a 5 star restaurant. You can sit all night and no one will rush you out.
A couple of extras that I didn't expect, coupon for 2 one hour spa services, romantic dinner on the beach or in the wine room. For bungalows farther out, they offered golf cart pickup. Golf umbrellas in the room. Also they meet you right after you go through customs on st Vincent, and take care of everything from there on out.
We took advantage of the on-site dive shop, indigo dive, Kay and crew were great. If you ever wanted to spearfish lion fish, they do this to help keep down the invasive species from taking over the reef. Really good diving, and some of the greatest spots for sea horses were right around the corner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning* Buccament Bay Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive hotel on the beautiful island of St Vincent: the pearl crowning 32 islands and cays called the “Jewels of the Caribbean". Cradled by lush mountains and vibrant rainforest - an inviting sample of the many riches on offer from this unspoilt treasure - the resort boasts stunning features, like a white sandy beach meeting the clear, warm turquoise sea, and stylish accommodations that typify the Harlequin Hotels & Resorts standards. Perfect for families, couples, singles or dream weddings and honeymoons, it boasts a unique range of top class activities and facilities - many associated with famous brands - that leave guests spoilt for choice, whilst warm, considerate staff deliver a truly Caribbean 5 star experience in a charming, village-style setting. There are several restaurants and bars offering a range of dining options, whilst the unique variety of top class activities cater for all the family. These include: Harlequin Soccer Academy; Pat Cash Tennis Club; diving and water sports; Harlequin Performing Arts Academy; The Spa with Treatments by ESPA; Harlequin Fitness Centre; Little Harlequin Kids Club; Club 61 for teenagers; not to mention a number of excursions, including the complimentary sunset cruise. Whether you seek relaxation or stimulation, discover Buccament Bay Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotelopia, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccament Bay Hotel St. Vincent
- Buccament Bay Resort - TEMPORARILY CLOSED St. Vincent, St. Vincent And The Grenadines